Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    100%.
    Read on sky earlier about Carragher saying he understands why they aren't signing a midfielder and that Klopps insistence on waiting for the right one pays off usually.......it's just usually we aren't knee deep in shite like now with an ageing team and our former best performers looking way past it.
    Yep and look what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. He fucks off to Real Madrid and we are left with an injury prone / aging middle of the pitch.

We would be struggling with our midfield from 2019, 2020,2021 or even last season - at this point in time.

The entire setup has tanked. There are no goals, Trent looks like he is suffering depression and Konate, despite looking like an accident waiting to happen is arguably our strongest option with Virgil out.

That is scary in itself

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Yep and look what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket. He fucks off to Real Madrid and we are left with an injury prone / aging middle of the pitch.
    I dare say we will land Bellingham but if it's under these fucking jokers it'll be a waste of time.
    They're likely to say "there you go. You've got you're man". And that'll be it when in reality we need quite a few more to go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    and slower, jeeeeeeeeeeez

If Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips have slowed down much at the age of 21 and 25 you'd really have to question our medical staff even more!!!!

What a rotten few months February-May look set to be for our football viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I dare say we will land Bellingham but if it's under these fucking jokers it'll be a waste of time.
    They're likely to say "there you go. You've got you're man". And that'll be it when in reality we need quite a few more to go with him.
    Think that's going to depend on the structure of the deal and who we do (or don't) let go of. Not to mention contract lengths we can (or can't) negotiate with any targets.

Personally there's a number of lads I would happily let go with a view to letting some of our youth have a go in the fringe/depth areas.

Still can't see why we bought Gapko, maybe we'll play him at centre half. He could do no worse than what's he's been up front.

There's no way FSG will spend £100+ million of their own money in the summer.
    Bellingham won't be coming if FSG are providing the money. They'll probably try and sell Trent for big bucks to fund any future signings.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's no way FSG will spend £100+ million of their own money in the summer.
    Nothing new though - the club spends what it generates.

In the last calendar year we have spent on Diaz, Núñez, Gakpo, Carvalho and Ramsay - that's 5 players with an outlay of £150m-ish or so of outlay - plus the relevant wages.

I think we're genuinely "all-in" on Bellingham and see value in the idea that he might be with us for 10 years (if he joins) or 4-6 years with an eventual sale to a club like Real Madrid. It's perfectly financially realistic to acquire Bellingham even within our (frugal) model if we pay for him in instalments and let a few lads off the wage bill.

Firmino alone is on around £9m-per-year and the new stand is set to generate £11m-per-year.

Remove Ox (£6.2m-per-year)
    Remove Keita (£6.2m-per-year)
    Remove Firmino (£9m-per-year)
    New stand generates income (approx £11m-per-year)

Across one year there you have "found" £32.4m - Bellingham could cost £130m or so and the above would cover about 25% of the fee.

This is before weighing up letting go of lads like Adrian, Arthur, Milner.

This is before weighing up sales, such as Phillips or a more reluctant sale like Kelleher.

Bellingham is 100% affordable. Whether or not he will come is a different matter.

As a general aside, a lot of Liverpool fans on socials are "impressed" with Arsenal's business and applauding Kroenke. Arsenal recently paid off a loan by taking out another loan.....abd business is being funded against predicted future income.

Not saying that is "wrong" and that ours is "right" - I think both models are subject to criticism and can absolutely be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Nothing new though - the club spends what it generates.

In the last calendar year we have spent on Diaz, Núñez, Gakpo, Carvalho and Ramsay - that's 5 players with an outlay of £150m-ish or so of outlay - plus the relevant wages.

I think we're genuinely "all-in" on Bellingham and see value in the idea that he might be with us for 10 years (if he joins) or 4-6 years with an eventual sale to a club like Real Madrid. It's perfectly financially realistic to acquire Bellingham even within our (frugal) model if we pay for him in instalments and let a few lads off the wage bill.

Firmino alone is on around £9m-per-year and the new stand is set to generate £11m-per-year.

Remove Ox (£6.2m-per-year)
    Remove Keita (£6.2m-per-year)
    Remove Firmino (£9m-per-year)
    New stand generates income (approx £11m-per-year)

Across one year there you have "found" £32.4m - Bellingham could cost £130m or so and the above would cover about 25% of the fee.

This is before weighing up letting go of lads like Adrian, Arthur, Milner.

This is before weighing up sales, such as Phillips or a more reluctant sale like Kelleher.

Bellingham is 100% affordable. Whether or not he will come is a different matter.

As a general aside, a lot of Liverpool fans on socials are "impressed" with Arsenal's business and applauding Kroenke. Arsenal recently paid off a loan by taking out another loan.....abd business is being funded against predicted future income.

Not saying that is "wrong" and that ours is "right" - I think both models are subject to criticism and can absolutely be improved upon.
    I would take all this serious. if the owners werent planning of making billions from our club.. This is not about what we can and cant afford.. we can afford players.. They will not GIVE US ANY MONEY. you understand now? they will not give us any money but they will bleed us dry when they sell us.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I would take all this serious. if the owners werent planning of making billions from our club.. This is not about what we can and cant afford.. we can afford players.. They will not GIVE US ANY MONEY. you understand now? they will not give us any money but they will bleed us dry when they sell us.
    Most owners make money from football clubs.

This will come via dividends, selling shares or selling the club outright. Some also will appoint themselves into a position meaning they get a personal salary - I think Levy gets £6,000,000-per-year as his for example.

If you want to provide a long list of owners that pump their own personal money in without taking money out eventually, feel free.

I am of the opinion that ALL clubs should only be spending the funds they generate themselves. If you disagree with that principle, that's no problem at all.