Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Elliott opens up about fear of joining Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I like Mane and he was immense for us. But he did have long spells of being ineffective and it was only the move into the central role last season that helped him. Miss his input but I'm not sure we need to bring him back.
    The Jota/Bobby business and breaking up the Mane Robbo partnership on our left to accommodate Jota, despite that change not yielding more goals and creativity was an incredible act of self harm and damaging to Mane's form and to the team overall as it removed our width on the left, which in turn broke down a great many other things, that was only put right last January when Diaz came in, but a great many of the things lost through that change have yet to return

I actually find it hilarious that the same people here who rubbished me assertion that 4231 was a shit idea because we didn;t have a No9 of the right type to play that formation in the Prem, and our wide players were forwards not attacking mids or wingers, so it didn't suit them, and it also meant we would lose the runs in behind and width on either side for Trent, Virgil, Hendo and others to release wih medium to long diagonals and switches and lose the space the full backs have been so good moving into

Yet here we are, with Mane struggling as the No9 in a 4231 and struggling trying to operate as a winger or attacking left mid as opposed to playing as a forward making runs in behind

His goal return still isn't at all bad all of that considered, but it proves my point about the 4231 and then some, we don't have the players to play it, we still fucking tried it though, which is a huge part of why our own season has been so shit
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Also, your little bullet point list is a copy of thing i already listed

One other thing you can't account for with stats is players on the team having meltdowns or one of those days in front of goal, sometimes a few players in the same game, it happens to every team, it's a very random event that happens at least 2 or 3 times a season to every team

Like the loss to Bournemouth for example Virgil missing 2 sitters and Mo a pen, the same missing of sitters and Mo missing a pen away at Leicester last season,, these games happen to all sides
    No, with/without stats when it came to Hendo playing at 6... leading the press and counterpress... solid proof.... Jurgen ruined it...
    We've all seen your posts on the matter.

With/Without stats for Thiago when it is good. Problems with the stats.

As per my methods, there's little difference between us with and without Thiago this year. A rather insignificant looking statistical difference

Your method, supports your view for this season serves your interests.
    This season and last season combined, your method makes Thiago look for better, doesn't serve your interests.
    You say last season doesn't count - but more data builds better stats... but Hendo at 6 a few seasons back that's still important

I brought up tackles and intercepts, didn't serve your interests.
    You brought up pressing and counter pressing stats.

I posted an article that showed we had the best pressing and counter pressing stats last year of any PL team over the last 6 years.
    Stats at odds with your thesis on Jurgen ruining the press and counter press....
    Your reply middle class stats, and as of now no reply on what working class stats you used.

Jota, I used all comps. You said PL is all that matters.. used PL only his goal&assists per minute at lwf improved. You ducked them...

Tackles and intercepts... gomez low they're important others did the work - tackles and intercepts..
    Thiago high for tackles and intercepts... others did the work pressing and counter pressing...

You struggle and change your mind on what is the work depending on the player

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No, with/without stats when it came to Hendo playing at 6... leading the press and counterpress... solid proof.... Jurgen ruined it...
    We've all seen your posts on the matter.
    Go and look at highlights of the games with Hendo at No6 from 19-20, the number of presses and counter presses doesn't mean you've presses and counter pressed better, as with tackles and Thiago, the number of tackles is completely meaningless if, as has been the case, the team is conceding far more chances, opposition shots and shots on target and over a goal a game more, mostly originating from play in your area of the pitch

Watch highlights, look at the pressing and counter pressing, look especially at Hendo's counter press to put the ball to Salah to tee up Bobby for our winner v Spurs and Henderson's counter press to get possession and assist Bobby for our winner v Wolves, try and find highlights that let you watch the entire sequence of play leading up to the one v Wolves to see the incredible level it was at. Look at the defending Gomez and Virgil have to do and how little Alisson has to do, see what type of defending they have to do

The number of tackles made by a midfield player does not mean they have been more integral to our defending better than any other, the stats show the opposite of that in games Thiago has played this season, so your purpose for using those stats was completely flawed and you only succeeded in demonstrating that using some stats in isolation to try and promote a player as having been doing well is very frequently fatally flawed

Look at it this way, whichever player has been playing in his place had made less tackles than Thiago, but through better positioning and play in combination with the rest of the midfield, our forward and defence, they have restricted the opposition to far fewer shots, shots on target (over 3 less a game) and goals

Whatever stats you are presenting, the other players who have come in for Thiago have lesser stats in those areas, yet we've been far sounder and better defensively, as directly above

Pressing and counter pressing the same, the number of successful presses and counter presses isn't important, it doesn't show you have pressed and counter pressed better, it shows you have had to do it more and there could be all sorts of reasons for that

Gomez is a useless CB, if you claiming that a CB has been integral to a run of clean sheets and wins, in order to be integral, a fundamental part of the reason for the wins and clean sheets, they would surely, in anyone's mind, have had to have made considerable defensive contributions, a lot more than winning routine header from long balls pumped forward under no challenge or beating a forward in a foot race to a hopeful long punt down a channel they were always favourite to get to first

My point has been proved on Gomez not being a top defender NUMEROUS times, none less so than in the 7-2 v Villa, his disasterclass in both last 16 legs v Atletico 19-20 and who could forget his applaling errors in all FIVE Real Madrid goals, and many MANY more, and STILL you persist? Unfuckingbelievable

Henderson is done, great servant limited talent hes hindering the team in a big way now, 6 is an apt number you quote ad nauseum about him, he has been so poor this season he does not rate over 6 in most games this season. Team has to evolve, you can't accept change or evolution, a big part of the reason you hide in mummys box room and have multiple court orders to stay away from your ex.

What are you on about? You are literally so incredibly mentally challenged, basic and limited i'm beginning to think you're a Manc or the worst kind of scouse scallly scrote

Interestingly darrenpotter is an anagram of TopRedRanter
    And cheating DePenetrator

De being an upper-working-class substitute for the..

For 19… Knowing when you have been beaten is the first key step towards rehabilitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    What are you on about? You are literally so incredibly mentally challenged, basic and limited i'm beginning to think you're a Manc or the worst kind of scouse scallly scrote
    Weak deflection fucker, you are the mentally challenged one, whinging like a fucking child on a forum non stop, press counter press fucking dickhead. Some of the nonsense you post is beyong belief. Calling players shit cunts obsessing against certain players for no apparent reason and making outbyou are some fucking genius would you ever go fuck off. Everyone here can see you for what you are, you provide noting of worth to the forum, your unfounded superiority complex over people on this forum is baffling given what you've done in your life.

Trents tackles and intercepts up last few games- performance up

Jones high tackle count last night good game all round by reports

Konate high last 2 games and error aside smashed it

Whose being doing the work for them ?

Henderson of course...
    whose put in twice as many tackles&intercepts last 2 games than his seasons average prior to the game

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Trents tackles and intercepts up last few games- performance up

Jones high tackle count last night good game all round by reports

Konate high last 2 games and error aside smashed it

Whose being doing the work for them ?

Henderson of course...
    whose put in twice as many tackles&intercepts last 2 games than his seasons average prior to the game
    I don't care, whoever makes the tackles and intercepts in how we play is either assisted to make them by the team press and counter press, no one player in particular, whoever makes fewer tackles in the game, no one player in particular, are most frequently the ones doing the pressing and counter pressing, and the players making the most tackles and intercepts show which side of our team has been attacked the most to need them to be made in their area

The exception to this, is players having to make recovery tackles through being out of position, Thiago and Fab both have to make a fair few of these, it's even in their fricking show reels as something that's supposed to be good

ANd again and again and again and again the showreels DO NOT show the times they fail to make a tackle at all or recover and it leeds to an opposition shot, shot on target or goal