Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wham v Liverpool

Matip the Magnificent - talking to BT

Its a close call between Gakpo and Jones for me for man of the match
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It’s a tough one. does hit his arm twice. Not deliberate and little he can do to change it but - hits it twice

How would we feel if that gets waved for an opponent v us?
    Tbh I never saw that type of thing as a pen. Deflection type of incidents where there’s no intent. It intent has been taken out now o think so hard to know. They’ve made a balls of it too. No one knows what’s going on now most of time.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbh I never saw that type of thing as a pen. Deflection type of incidents where there’s no intent. It intent has been taken out now o think so hard to know. They’ve made a balls of it too. No one knows what’s going on now most of time.
    That’s the point. We are all guessing. Agree though - hand to ball can’t be a pen. However we have seen them given with this bonkers new system, which is as clear as mud.

The relief is palpable.

Chances of a Europa League spot are beginning to look really good and the (admittedly very slim) chance of a Champion's League spot is still alive, even if it's only barely if we are honest.

Nice to see a few things coming together - 3 matches on the spin at Anfield now - let's see where we are after that.

If we went into the last 1-3 games just 3 points off Newcastle or Man United it would be unbelievably tense.

Anyway - sod all that - just beat Spurs please!

Booooooooooooooooooom up the bum job done, just tickled the tip in once more 2-1

Decent performance, for the most part, it went a bit awry after our second goal and the formation change, Thiago didn't really get going in the tweak formation and the change to 4231 with him as a No10 didn't help him either, but he did play a really good centre to left switch to Diaz (when it was on) to win the corner that led to a second corner we scored from, so I like that because I've moaned about him not doing that and it ultimately led to us scoring

Nunez isn't a No9 in a 4231for us and we don't have the players to play a 4231, we have wide/inside forwards who enjoy and are best playing on the last line, not wingers or attacking mids

Hopefully we sort the damned tweak to the tweak out to keep Mo up top in the positions we expect him to be and he is most dangerous in as he's just not in the game enough where he can hurt teams or link with Gakpo of the midfield and when we get the chance to counter, he seems to not know where he is and our other players are on the pitch, causing them to break down

As ever all the focus on the next game v Spurs, ANOTHER absolutely MUST win game and getting that win and another ABSOLUTELY vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Glad it wasn't just me who thought Curtis had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I'd give it Gakpo personally, I think he's been excellent
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The relief is palpable.

Chances of a Europa League spot are beginning to look really good and the (admittedly very slim) chance of a Champion's League spot is still alive, even if it's only barely if we are honest.

Nice to see a few things coming together - 3 matches on the spin at Anfield now - let's see where we are after that.

If we went into the last 1-3 games just 3 points off Newcastle or Man United it would be unbelievably tense.

Anyway - sod all that - just beat Spurs please!
    Fuck the europa league. Its not something to be happy about. we look like we have shit the top 4
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Glad it wasn't just me who thought Curtis had a good game.
    Not his only good game either. decent in every one of last 3