Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Brentford

Another poor performance from us. Next season can take its time coming. Our lads need the rest, they look shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Another poor performance from us. Next season can take its time coming. Our lads need the rest, they look shattered.
    Leicester is on the Monday which is good - probably the biggest period of rest/preparation we have had this season?

Still not entirely happy with the tweak

Needs Mo up top, RCM deeper than Mo creating the width, coming inside at times to allow Trent to go outside so we're benefitting from his crosses and switches as well as his midfield play
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe we need to buy a right back and play a midfield 3 of Trent, Fab and MacAllister.

Trent should be in these positions in the tweak for me and we need our RCM and RFWD to work together with him to do that, I wish at time Jurgen was more like Guardiola with things like this, micro managing them when necessary with drills and coaching to make certain things fluid and second nature and to work as well for the team as they possibly can, rather than giving them a rough template and certain expectations and always letting them try and fill in the gaps themselves as it seems very obvious he does do

Trent______Trent_______

Trent_______Trent_______

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Agree. Started okay, scored then cigars out.
    Rubbish to be honest. Good luck to anyone who thinks a couple of mids turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    What an annoying game, not a shot on target in the second half from Brentford but our woeful finishing made it far closer than it should have been.

I do wish Jurgen would stop putting Nunez down the middle when Gakpo has shown he is far superior in that role and Núñez, if he must play him when Diaz and Jota are fit, really should play down the left.
    Nunez in the middle is awful, his composure and finishing are piss poor. I really hope that's not something he'll persist with. He is absolutely not a CF and not even our best option left side so it begs the question what's his role in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Started okay, scored then cigars out.
    Rubbish to be honest. Good luck to anyone who thinks a couple of mids turn this around.
    Think that’s a little harsh. We got knocked out of our early stride by a combination of shot refereeing and them being filthy snides all over the pitch. We had to compete to the end to win that game. And kept them to little or nothing in terms of good chances. We aren’t good enough right now to blow teams away that are dogged but we are competing and playing for each other for maybe the first time all season consistently. Not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Maybe we need to buy a right back and play a midfield 3 of Trent, Fab and MacAllister.
    Fab, the main reason Jurgen put Trent stepping into midfield was Fab was a disaster in there on his own after Jurgen ditched the LCM controller role entirely, except for the home games v Brentford and the filthy which Hendo played a LCM controller role in both and we had an aggregate score of 16-0

Putting more bodies and legs around a destroyer because they don't have any of the physical attributes you need in a DM and don't have most of the mental attributes either should never be the answer, buy a proper fucking Dm is the answer and has been for four seasons

Trent's game and confidence deteriorated on the right because Elliott was getting in the space Mo and Trent play in and combined in and not making up the trio Jurgen fucked off AGAIN for no apparent reason and Jurgen was pushing ahead blindly with his Thiago as playmaker bollocks and Trent was not receiving as much of the ball, playing as active a part in games or getting the ball where and when he wanted or needed it

All the issues we've had have been of Jurgen's creation, now we're struggling at times from a lack of variation, crosses and medium to long diagonals and switches to release players to test teams in different ways, hang on, how has that happened, oh that's right Jurgen's changed a load of things that have consequently put an end to us doing other things that have always been very important to us and that we've been better at than any other club

Jurgen has been a fucking disaster this season and THAT is why we are in the position we currently find ourselves in and haven't challenged for anything and have been so inconsistent, to evolve you build on and enhance the things you're already the best in the League at and add other things to it, buy players who can play the role as successfully as it was defined by their predecessor, who have even better attributes and strengths to bring to it who will evolve it further

Jurgen just keeps binning things off that work brilliantly seemingly without a thought of how it affects everything else and he's been doing it since the latter end of 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Nunez in the middle is awful, his composure and finishing are piss poor. I really hope that's not something he'll persist with. He is absolutely not a CF and not even our best option left side so it begs the question what's his role in this team.
    His best position is on the left, with his pace. He's not a CF though, not in a million years. No composure in front of goal and can't finish for shite