Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314 LastLast

Thread: We will make top 4 that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Maybe so maybe so
    You know something we don't?
    Kev and Nineteen been meeting up for "no strings fun"?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You know something we don't?
    Kev and Nineteen been meeting up for "no strings fun"?
    You've reminded me of a hilarious incident that happened to me once at a small, coastal cliff.

A friend and I were sat keeping an eye out for Dolphins and Peregrine and we're at different spots from each other - lots of deep gorse and shrub, probably about 40 feet between us.

We could both see and hear each other easily, but my friend wouldn't have been visible from the skinny bit of road that we could see - so in the unlikely event that anyone came along, they'd have seen me and assumed I was alone.

This random guy in maybe his 50s arrives (strange enough in itself where we were) with no evidence of Birdwatching paraphernalia and calls up to me saying "are you Jeff?" to which I shout down "no mate" and he said "ah....okay" and started absolutely legging it.

Convinced to this day that it must be a wee meet-up spot for locals engaging in recreational pants-down debauchery and now on hikes at random points of silence myself or my friend will now shout "are you Jeff?" - and it never fails to get a laugh out of us.

Ahh I use to think I was negative but stevo, you my friend tops it, always look at the worst case!!!!!

we're getting top 4 and utd aren't and losing the cup

UP THE HAMMERING
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

There is always someone else worse kev. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You've reminded me of a hilarious incident that happened to me once at a small, coastal cliff.

A friend and I were sat keeping an eye out for Dolphins and Peregrine and we're at different spots from each other - lots of deep gorse and shrub, probably about 40 feet between us.

We could both see and hear each other easily, but my friend wouldn't have been visible from the skinny bit of road that we could see - so in the unlikely event that anyone came along, they'd have seen me and assumed I was alone.

This random guy in maybe his 50s arrives (strange enough in itself where we were) with no evidence of Birdwatching paraphernalia and calls up to me saying "are you Jeff?" to which I shout down "no mate" and he said "ah....okay" and started absolutely legging it.

Convinced to this day that it must be a wee meet-up spot for locals engaging in recreational pants-down debauchery and now on hikes at random points of silence myself or my friend will now shout "are you Jeff?" - and it never fails to get a laugh out of us.
    what a great opening sentence...... the story could have gone in so many directions from there....lolol

Also, Watching out for Peregrine and Dolphins has me wondering how much time you have on your hands????

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    what a great opening sentence...... the story could have gone in so many directions from there....lolol

Also, Watching out for Peregrine and Dolphins has me wondering how much time you have on your hands????

There's a few factors to me having the time to do stuff like that.

A lot of folks work 9-5 with an hour of commute each way so really it's more like 8-6.

My commute is 10-15 minutes and I start a little later and finish a little earlier than most. Don't have kids, currently single and whenever I am seeing someone they know from the start that I take long days off in Nature which they respect (and go and do their own thing) or tag along with as we've established early on that they're a Nature nut as well.

Sunrise is about 5.30am at the moment so I can get up early some days and be at a Nature spot around 6am, chill there until 8.30am and still be back to get a quick Breakfast and get to work.

My weekends are where I make the most of my time though. I pack a Lunch and often would be out from 8am-8pm on a Saturday let's say and have a late Dinner.

So the (relative) lack of commitments combined with getting up early sometimes buys me huge windows of time. Which, to be fair, are needed for some of the species I like to see.

Was filming Hen Harriers yesterday and I probably had a 7-hour day of it, but if I added up my minutes of having eyes on that particular species it probably was less than 4 minutes for the whole day. But out in the peace and quiet and having the day broken up by lots of other nice species to see (Peacock Butterfly, Holly Blue Butterfly, Viviparous Lizard, Kestrel, Grasshopper Warbler etc) more than makes up for the "quiet" bits and the peace, surroundings and breeze are amazing in and of themselves.

Looking for a Hammock with a mosquito-net on it at the moment and some tarp so I can camp light in single night-episodes - means I could do Friday through Saturday or Saturday through Sunday so I make the best of the Crepuscular animals but can enjoy a nice drive before/after/both.

It isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it. It also drives Home just how many months are spent by Videographers to get the best footage for these Attenborough series.

He's 97 today I believe.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sounds like good way of life that Sid.
    Kids ruin fuckin everything. Lolz, only joking. I love mine and wouldn't change a thing but they do tend to spanner social activities that are solely for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Sounds like good way of life that Sid.
    Kids ruin fuckin everything. Lolz, only joking. I love mine and wouldn't change a thing but they do tend to spanner social activities that are solely for yourself.
    Yeah I can definitely see pros and cons to starting a family.

I enjoy my own company so much and especially the slow-paced, beautiful surroundings, peace-and-quiet sort of thing.

Perhaps one day I'll do a little blog or the odd video - would be nice to share some of what I see with you lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Perhaps one day I'll do a little blog or the odd video - would be nice to share some of what I see with you lads.
    I'd like that Sid.

Brighton 1 Everton 5
    The plot thickens.

Agreed - that would be a treat Sid.