Thread: Happy Istanbul Day

Happy Istanbul Day

A brilliant memory for a lot of Reds.

It's been 18 years since then and when we won, it had been 21 years since winning our previous one. Whilst we have reached a lot of quarter-finals, semi-finals and Finals in the Benitez and Klopp years, it really drives Home just how often we DON'T win it and thus just how special that night was.

That AC Milan side really was something else. It boggles my mind that if someone's child was born on that day they would now have a legal adult as a son/daughter.

The format of the competition will be changing for the 24/25 season (rather underwhelmed by the changes) but there will always be very fond memories.

Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

That was one of my Journey moments whem most others has thrown the towel in, everyone in the house trying to tell me it was done at HT and get me to the pub, i was adamant "Just one goal, early enough, just one, our fans will be up again and we'll be right back in it, like you lot Milan think it's already won"
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”