Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The 5-year thing refers to payments.

Let's say Chelsea bought a £100m player and signed him on a 10-year contract. That's fine.

What they CAN'T do (and this is only a recent change) is pay £10m per year for those 10 years - at best they can pay £20m per year for the first 5 years of the contract - it has to be paid in 5 years.

Think that's the right way of it and should anyone want to correct that, please do.
    But that doesn’t include contract extensions so they could extend to spread some of the later payments

'In case of contract extension, the amortisation can be spread over the extended contract period but up to a maximum of five years from the date of the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Talksport reporting...... Caicedo has had another change of mind after a night's sleep and now wants the LFC move....Fuck Off i say......take your sorry ass somewhere else..........money grabbing loser !!! No wonder De Zerbi washed his hands of you.
    I am pretty much of the "if he doesn't want us, sod him, get someone else" stance in general.

I will say (to counter that somewhat) that he is a 21-year old lad who has gone from playing football in South America to being linked with an absolutely massive fee within the space of 2 years and will have all sorts of people around him with different interests (agent especially) giving him the Petyr Baelish treatment in his ear at the moment.

I imagine the lad is pretty overwhelmed with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Who gives a fuck how much Chelsea paid, this is seriously embarrassing for us / FSG especially when we play them tomorrow.
    Honestly don't care about us being "embarrassed" unless it's something like Man United beating us 5-0 or something.

Speaking of clubs not looking good - what does anyone make of Brighton's handling of this situation?

Looking past the fact they're getting a massive fee for a lad they got on the cheap, I'd wonder if one or two agents will be wary of dealing with them. They set a "deadline" for bids on Thursday and we won. Now it seems that Chelsea are getting him.

So the "auction" as it were meant nothing. This is a shoddy comparison, but I use eBay a lot - if I won an eBay auction only to be told a couple of days after I had made my purchase that someone else had bid higher after the auction was already closed and thus I wasn't getting my item I would be livid.

Once Brighton laid a deadline for bidding which we won, Caicedo's choices should have been Liverpool or staying at Brighton. I appreciate there is more nuance to this situation than that, but for me Brighton are coming out of this looking like their word means frig all and I would be wary of dealing with them if I were an agent now.

Van Dijk comments -

"The thing is, whether we need to sign a player for a particular position, yes or no, any top club at the moment would love to improve their squad"

"Why wouldn’t we as players want to improve our squad either? We all want quality signings and that’s what we’ve done so far. So we trust the club. I definitely trust the club. They did quite good business over the last years, so why not now as well?"

"If you follow social media or anything you get dizzy with the names. So I think everyone is saying names just to be the first one to say names nowadays. It's speculation and they try to guess names to put fuel on the fire and stuff and that's how the internet works."

"And you know, so what I said already before, we trust the club, we play for the club, and we trust the club to do the right thing for the club, and we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks still."

"If you watch social media, if you watch all the other stuff and you see us linked with almost every midfielder in the world or any other player and everyone is a sporting director nowadays on social media then you know you get dizzy, so just wait and see."

"We have professionals working on it. And like I said, I trust the club. And that's the most important thing."

"Obviously, I’m very excited for what I’m seeing, the players coming in,” he said. “They are high quality, good guys and they can definitely help the club go forward."

"It will definitely take some time, that’s just normal, and hopefully it will happen as soon as possible. But with the games, they will experience the difficult moments in games, the good moments in games, you know."

"They will get better and we all understand each other and every day much better than we do before, so yeah, it’s looking exciting in my opinion."

Except this is not a screwdriver or whatever you're buying on eBay, it's a human being.
    They'd have rightly assumed we've had some conversation and know the lad is fine coming here.

Psg accepted the Saudi bid but Mbappe's not going.

Don't get me wrong, it's probably everything to do with wages and the fact he's on a contract till 2031 on it, in London. But why did we bid unless we were sure he was ok with coming?

He probably was ok with coming but then someone from Chelsea probably spoke to his agent and told him that Chelsea were still interested and we’re going to bid.

If his preference was to stay in London then not a lot you can do about it.

As for Brighton, what could they do? If they knocked back the Chelsea bid then the player could still refuse to come to Liverpool

Brighton just want rid as he’s becoming a bit of a problem (threatening to go on strike when Arsenal were interested etc).

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There will be a fella along about 3 o'clock in the morning to tell you different.
    You were an hour and a minute out...

Honestly don't care about us being "embarrassed" unless it's something like Man United beating us 5-0 or something.

Speaking of clubs not looking good - what does anyone make of Brighton's handling of this situation?

Looking past the fact they're getting a massive fee for a lad they got on the cheap, I'd wonder if one or two agents will be wary of dealing with them. They set a "deadline" for bids on Thursday and we won. Now it seems that Chelsea are getting him.

So the "auction" as it were meant nothing. This is a shoddy comparison, but I use eBay a lot - if I won an eBay auction only to be told a couple of days after I had made my purchase that someone else had bid higher after the auction was already closed and thus I wasn't getting my item I would be livid.

Once Brighton laid a deadline for bidding which we won, Caicedo's choices should have been Liverpool or staying at Brighton. I appreciate there is more nuance to this situation than that, but for me Brighton are coming out of this looking like their word means frig all and I would be wary of dealing with them if I were an agent now.
    Plus we don’t know the conditions of the ‘auction’. There are reports on Twitter that Chelsea’s agreed fee of £115m includes a fine as they didn’t bid within the agreed window.

Van Dijk comments -

"The thing is, whether we need to sign a player for a particular position, yes or no, any top club at the moment would love to improve their squad"

"Why wouldn’t we as players want to improve our squad either? We all want quality signings and that’s what we’ve done so far. So we trust the club. I definitely trust the club. They did quite good business over the last years, so why not now as well?"

"If you follow social media or anything you get dizzy with the names. So I think everyone is saying names just to be the first one to say names nowadays. It's speculation and they try to guess names to put fuel on the fire and stuff and that's how the internet works."

"And you know, so what I said already before, we trust the club, we play for the club, and we trust the club to do the right thing for the club, and we'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks still."

"If you watch social media, if you watch all the other stuff and you see us linked with almost every midfielder in the world or any other player and everyone is a sporting director nowadays on social media then you know you get dizzy, so just wait and see."

"We have professionals working on it. And like I said, I trust the club. And that's the most important thing."

"Obviously, I’m very excited for what I’m seeing, the players coming in,” he said. “They are high quality, good guys and they can definitely help the club go forward."

"It will definitely take some time, that’s just normal, and hopefully it will happen as soon as possible. But with the games, they will experience the difficult moments in games, the good moments in games, you know."

"They will get better and we all understand each other and every day much better than we do before, so yeah, it’s looking exciting in my opinion."
    Meh. Whit does th' club captain ken aboot tranfers 'n' professionals. Git Steveo 'n' Ian oan th' case, wi' a bit o' Miller conspiracy thrown in.
    Last edited by JockStrap; 13th August 2023 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Meh. Whit does th' club captain ken aboot tranfers 'n' professionals. Git Steveo 'n' Ian oan th' case, wi' a bit o' Miller conspiracy thrown in.
    Intelligence is abundant in you I see
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century