Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Aston Villa

Delighted with the win and nice to see early signs of our new look midfield gaining cohesion.

Villa caused us bother last year, but barely a sniff today.

Delighted, brilliant win. My stream was dogshit though.....

Excellent win. Shame the waste of time international break is upon us. The new lads were looking like they are starting to gel well

I have to say that was one of our most efficient performances for a long time, room for improvement for sure. especially in front of goal on another day Nunez could have easily had a hatrick and Matip could have had 2 himself, but overall we were in total control and tbh I thought we never got out of 2/3 gear and beat a really good and potentially dangerous Villa side….a very good day indeed…

Its just a pity the International break interupts our rhythym right now, but overall very pleased indeed …��������

Two points off the top with quite a difficult start before we’re anywhere near gelling as a team, very decent start.

Utd 11th (6 points off the top already)
    Chelsea 12th

Newcastle 14th. (7 points behind Liverpool)

Good time to have a break, providing we all come back fit.

30/08 Spurs v Liverpool
    08/09 Brighton v Liverpool

We will know where we are after those two.

I liked it a lot, there was so much i've bemoaned the absence of for far too long

I thought Mac was great at No6, he could end up staying there an he and Gravenberch naturally interchanging over time

Really excited to see Gravenberch Mac Szlobo in combination

I think Gravenberch and Mac can unlock a lot of elements we lost the last 3 seasons and help us rediscover them

LCM controller offering Virgil more help and allowing Robbo to bomb on past him to make great link ups with Diaz more frequently and Robbo bombing past him to support Diaz when Trent's played one of his old trademark long diagonals or switches, with Gravenberch/Mac folllowing up to make the triangle Mane, Robbo and Gini used to so regularly and both Gravenberch and Mac are more dangerous and have more in their passing locker than Gini from those positions for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

any news on Trents injury?? at least theres 2 weeks off now.. he dont have to play for the mouthgate and get fit for the wolves match
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Excellent win. Shame the waste of time international break is upon us. The new lads were looking like they are starting to gel well
    Helpful for lads like Bajcetic and Thiago working their way back into the fold - swings and roundabouts.

Not that I want either in the starting XI just now given how well we're doing, but cover is always nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Fantastic start to season. We are going to absolutely muller teams once we get a bit more cohesion from playing together.
    Really do hope we can get serious consistency against "lesser" sides this season. I can live with the odd narrow loss to Chelsea or Tottenham or whatever if it means we are beating the bottom 8 sides Home and Away with the odd big top-up of the goal difference as the points are by-and-large what matters