Page 50 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760100 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

“There was an approach from Al-Ettifaq to the club to see if it would be possible for me to go there. The reaction from the club again wasn’t to say no. At that moment I felt as though my value or the want for me to stay, with the manager and within the club, maybe it had shifted. I knew that time would come at some point.”

Pfft Mr. lgbtq is just trying to blame someone else for going to saudi.

I'm sure other clubs would have come in just like they did for milner.
    He wanted the cash, and that's fine.

Exactly, I’m sure Sunderland would have had him back on £10k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    "If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."
    Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Pfft Mr. lgbtq is just trying to blame someone else for going to saudi.

I'm sure other clubs would have come in just like they did for milner.
    He wanted the cash, and that's fine.

Yeah, the real kick in the bollocks was that claim that he felt no one at the club wanted him here anymore.

When it was Klopp that personally pushed for the club to give him a 4 year extension when they were unwilling to give a 31 year old anything longer than a 2 year extension.

The less said about his delusions with the LGBQT stuff and excuse-making, the better.

He should have just admitted he went there for the money.
    No one would have blamed him.

I certainly didn't.
    I can understand at that age someone offering those wages (and probably an automatic starting role, which was probably another sticking point for him here), he would practically be crazy to say no.
    Which is why I also wouldn't blame Mo if he came out and decided he wanted to accept that 1.5Million (or is it 2.5M now?) a week offer from the Saudis.
    They're never going to have the opportunity to make this much money again in their lives, and from a fan's perspective they've given everything to the club as good servants.

So why ruin it with all this tripe, Jordan?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

DaveOCkop

Many painted a picture that Henderson was leaving and throwing his morals away for a huge payday in Saudi, but we had reported earlier that this was just not the case.

With Henderson’s comments this morning emphasising his move to Saudi was not about money, many are wondering what the truth is behind the numbers.

We can exclusively reveal today that Jordan Henderson will earn approximately £130,000 per week tax free in Dammam.

This is, of course, nowhere near the numbers reported across outlets all summer and aligns with what we reported earlier.

DaveOCkop

Many painted a picture that Henderson was leaving and throwing his morals away for a huge payday in Saudi, but we had reported earlier that this was just not the case.

With Henderson’s comments this morning emphasising his move to Saudi was not about money, many are wondering what the truth is behind the numbers.

We can exclusively reveal today that Jordan Henderson will earn approximately £130,000 per week tax free in Dammam.

This is, of course, nowhere near the numbers reported across outlets all summer and aligns with what we reported earlier.
    Isn't that (somehow).....worse?

So he threw his morals away (....and burned his reputation down to the ground) for,.... NOT a bigger payday, but perhaps just an automatic starting spot?

I'm curious as to how they think releasing this bit of information makes it any better?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

To be fair, it seems pretty evident that Klopp wanted to replace/rebuild the entire midfield, and rightly so.

When the Saudis came sniffing around Fab and Henderson — both with too many miles on the clock, it was too good to be true. The club were never going to fight to keep players that could no longer perform. Sad but true.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

"If one of those people (Klopp or FSG) said to me, “Now we want you to stay”, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Now, that’s not to say that they forced me out of the club, but at no point did I feel wanted by the club or anyone to stay."
    It's turned out the best for everyone now, he was hugely disrespected and the most notable change for me to the midfield and it working better again has been Mac at No6, with consistently better positioning and distribution and last game directing of others than Fab and Mac isn't the quickest or most athletic either, it was never about legs or physicality, it was about the continual employment of a player at no6 who couldn't do the basics and wasn't a midfielder, No6 isn't even Mac's position really, he just has a midfielder's reading and understanding of the game

Anyway we're past the 3 wasted seasons and wasted best years of too many players with Fab at No6 now, what Mac's doing comprehensively demonstrates the point I always made re Fab, onwards and upwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jesus wept.....yesterday's man and he is taking home a damm sight nore than 130k pw. Henderson should have stayed quiet he was treated well and respected by the club, does the 40 odd million he got in wages from us over his time here make him feel undervalued. He was a bad smell around the club last year and I've no doubt it will come out in time that he was being a billy big bollix around the club even though he was fucking shit on the pitch the last 2 seasons. Good riddance.

The best thing, given Klopp insisted, absolutely insisted on playing Fab there, is we now have 3 or more actual midfielders who have midfielders reading anticipation positioning and understanding of the game who he will play at No6

It's not even Mac's position, but he's already been miles better than Fab as Hendo was also

Maybe too many just don't understand or appreciate the difference, staying with his man, staying in an area, blind pressing, half pressing ie not getting sucked in and holding his man up waiting for support in the press - Fab was absolutely shite at all these things, never ever proactive through reading it, entirely reactionary

It remains a criminal waste of 3 years of several players careers Fab was ever brought back into the side in 19-20 and continually persisted with thereafter, an absolutely criminal waste
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”