Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Brighton v Liverpool

Craig Pawson was VAR, the man that was caught being upset has 4th official when Spurs scored against Man-city.. He looked his his world has ended when the goal went in.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s either corruption or incompetence, either way that is absolutely bollox.
    We'll be getting very few key decisions this season.

We'll get ones when we are 3-0 up though so they can be seen to "balance things out" or whatever.

All we can do is dig in and do what we can. I expect less than nothing from the refs in England at the moment so am hoping for Champion's League qualification and a deep Europa run - but we'll see.

It’s not the “not getting anything” that bothers me it’s the constant stream of yellows and reds we get for absolutely nothing, affecting how we have to play or even the numbers we have on the pitch.

Kovacic today v Jota and Jones last week is nothing short of disgraceful, never mind the fact the lad wasn’t even booked for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

do we need to bring in a schoolboy-level coach to teach Andy Robertson to kick with his right foot.
    I cannot believe, in this day and age and with the wages they are being paid, that some players can only use one foot.

We definitely desperately need a decent quality DM.
    January?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    We definitely desperately need a decent quality DM.
    January?
    As much as I'd like that, I'd quite like to see a sequence of games for any of Endo or Gravenberch back there first - always good to find solutions within the squad before sinking money immediately into the market.

With Van Dijk past his best and with two of our main centre-backs over the age of 30, I'd be looking at that area of the pitch for reinforcement first - or probably better to say "as priority" as sometimes opportunities come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    It's way more congested at the top there's not much in it at all, so I don't think it matters about 3 pts behind also we've played a extra game than city/arsenal (for now)... there's not much behind gap behind that's the problem, could and should have been but nope
    Well we are closer to the top than we are to Newcastle, Man United and Chelsea - so I think it's all relative.

I personally think being within 3 of top after 8 games (if Arsenal and Man City is a draw, granted) having been on the receiving end of some ridiculous refereeing, including 4 red cards - plus a reasonable number of difficult away games - is pretty good going.

Naturally we need to beat Everton after the break and try to put the foot down a bit, but I don't think we look a bad outfit by any means. A deep run in the Europa and Champion's League qualification look entirely possible and that's with a heavily changed midfield (all of a sudden) and 2-of-3 of the Firmino/Mane/Salah attacking trident having departed.

Convinced we are onto a good thing with this squad. Areas for improvement, but a lot to be positive about.

if we keep the front 3 for the bitters game. Id be tempted to play Nunez on the left to cut inside and play Diaz has a the main striker. he seems to be more of a natural finisher than Nunez

we didnt deserve to win today i think the result was fair. But just reading up on the Gross and the no red card. How can Var people do what the fuck they want?.
    when theres no accountability?. For me if i was Howard Webb. I would walk up to the turd and ask him about that incident. ask him about the rules and why he didnt follow them? if there was no real answer id finish him there and then.
    But since Webb the man united loving shit was brought back for the purpose of being a shit. he wont do a thing about it.

Seriously there is no reason other than the VAR cretin decided that was it. NO i don't care about the rules of the game I WILL DECIDE AND THATS IT.
    That's the kinda mind set you see in Mike Dean. he really got angry at Merson yesterday (l know who wouldn't) but Dean didn't like being questioned., I mean don't do this. I will decide what goes on and you don't.. no wonder he was considered an iffy referee with more sending's off than passengers on the QE2.

I think being ingenuine is the one worst traits in human kind.. I think most of us can accept honest mistakes. But they ain't.
    again even if it pissed us off and it cost us the league on the final day..we gave Man-united a penalty and we lost the game.
    We would give them the penalty out of fariness and honesty . But it seems our officials do not act in that matter.. which makes me wanna throttle the lot of em. This season the officiating against us as been criminal.. and its not acceptable and theres fuck all we can do about it..