Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4181848586878889909192939495969798101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    For you black is white. At best you compare 10 years with 7 years…?

What are you trying to do beyond spin?

you seem to suggest that giving the manager less is best. No allowance for the Klopp factor. No admission that Dortmund are still waiting to pip Bayern to 1 - never mind 2 titles.

We have the lowest net spend of any of the big 6. It’s a fact. Accept it. No arguing. Could Klopp have won more with better backing - most likely yes but that’s opinion - the rest is not really worthy of discussion at all inside the general transfer thread.
    If you don't understand comparing two different timeframes and using the per season spends to compare fairly, well that's just your inability to analyse.
    Comparing 10 years with 7 would require per season spends to make them sensible comparisons.

I've used it compare Chelsea under Roman v Toddy, two owners of the same club.
    With Toddy you pressed me for would we finish above them due to their massive big spend. A few months later you said they'd fallen off a cliff. So why your concern earlier, just another case of you not being able to be consistent.
    I've used it compare Roman v FSG etc.

Net spend measures the costs of buying and selling players.

Our net spend for the decade per season is comparable with Chelseas under Roman per season.

If you have low net spend you've overturned the squad for less.

I'm sure in your own real life you try and upgrade your car over time for less. Seems you have an issue with that way of working when it's someone who has more than you. No wonder life in Britain is quite miserable these days, certainly in the less leafy posh suburbs.

United top the spend over the last decade. Maybe you'd like our owners to have sanctioned their squad turnover.

Yes, maybe it is best you stick to your request and post in the fsgout thread that was created towards the end of the summer window.
    The window you asked me if we'd finish above Chelsea and I said yes. We're currently top of the league and it seems there's no relent in the pursuit of being run like clubs who've wasted tonnes of money. If wating money is good, great for you.

In that thread I've posted Klopps record v Carlo and pointed to his poor one v one records v Carlo, in 4 sets of club face offs including Carlos Everton, he's bested Klopp dortmund/lfc v Carlos Everton/Napoli/2-stints at unique.
    Of course I've provided criticism of Klopps tactics and adaptation. Carlo is a good example of where such things matter.

It's unlikely greater financing for Klopp would overcome his run of results v Carlo.
    In the premier league, perhaps it could win more titles, but there's also the case of the failed authorities that could have cost us a further 3 pl titles at the hands of those who've cheated the game and its rules, assisted by those same authorities.

Alas, the status quo of football authorities remains intact to the benefit of manc clubs assisted by lfc fans. Great win guys

Enjoying var behind closed doors to protect the game from you the riff-raff footy fans.
    Enjoying those numerous breaks in the season and meaningless international games.
    Enjoying less revenue for grassroots football.
    Enjoying less top tier games in European club footy and a much shittier format.

I am certain that better officiating may have resulted in all sorts of different results for all manner of clubs across any number of time frames.

None of this has anything to do with the point made. It is a simple one and in view of how narrowly we have missed out over a 38 game season x2 even the staunchest of John W Henry fans would have to admit - that with a bigger budget - resulting in a few more quality players - not having to let a senior CB leave and failing to replace to balance books. having the ability to offload crocks like Kieta and Oxlade taking a financial hit……. THAT we eke out the few extra points needed to be on 21 titles. That’s before we talk about the bust seasons.

But guess what - we are ahead of Chelsea so….. And I am still scratching my head as to wtf this has to do with anything….

Last point - We are not Chelsea - we have the best manager on the planet in situ in his 8th year..

Pack it in now Victor. Stop derailing thread after thread with this nonsense. You are peddling a lie and have been since I joined. There is no merit in any of your arguments about FSG spending.

Save it until at least the summer, when if we don't win the league you can blame it all on FSG again.

We need 3 signings this window

They should have been in already

This is again unacceptable by FSG

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Which 3 would that be and who would they displace in the current lineup?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've replied in the other transfer thread. No need whatsoever for 3 signings this window.
    Last edited by JockStrap; 7th January 2024 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed..
    Clueless. But let's see if Klopp agrees with you and makes those 3 signings in Jan.

Klopp is on the record as saying he does not get the last say on transfers.. Is that also a lie?

Not entirely sure we are allowed to talk about it though. The flosser who labelled other posters comments "hearsay" on WHY Klopp joined... before falling silent on the issue thinks it is a lie that we have been the lowest spenders of any of the big 6 for a decade.

We are still awaiting confirmation that is in fact a lie, but a shill will do whatever it takes, so let's wait and see.

Do you have a source for Klopp saying he needs those 3 signings this window? Or is it something you lot have pulled out of your ass? I think I know the answer but go ahead and confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Do you have a source for Klopp saying he needs those 3 signings this window? Or is it something you lot have pulled out of your ass? I think I know the answer but go ahead and confirm.
    Nobody has suggested that he said any such thing about this window. Stop twisting the script and moving the goal posts. But he has said it in other windows as he did during the title defence shambles.

“these decisions are not my decisions,”