Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Norwich City

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Quansah and Bradley have solved 2 problems for next season. And it certainly helps with homegrown quota for Europe next season.
    Both look quality. Too early to say they'll be Mainstays I think but they're both big positives for the season.

To be fair to Bradley, he really should have had three assists to but Gakpo was responsible for a shocking sitter miss in the first half.

Can only get better the young lad, looks quick enough too

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Quansah and Bradley have solved 2 problems for next season. And it certainly helps with homegrown quota for Europe next season.
    Klopp's willingness and ability when it comes to nurturing youth talent is one reason I am glad we don't solve every issue via big spends in the transfer market.

Yes, you absolutely have to buy more often than not - and acquisition of players is massively important (all of our 5 top forwards were "expensive" to a degree rather than being cheap acquisitions or Academy lads) but it's so nice to see a younger player break into the squad and feel relief that we DIDN'T buy the "ready-made" back-up player for whatever position.

Jones and Trent have certainly benefitted from being trusted and are now established, senior players in their own right - hopefully players like Quansah and Bradley can go on to do the same in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Klopp's willingness and ability when it comes to nurturing youth talent is one reason I am glad we don't solve every issue via big spends in the transfer market.

Yes, you absolutely have to buy more often than not - and acquisition of players is massively important (all of our 5 top forwards were "expensive" to a degree rather than being cheap acquisitions or Academy lads) but it's so nice to see a younger player break into the squad and feel relief that we DIDN'T buy the "ready-made" back-up player for whatever position.

Jones and Trent have certainly benefitted from being trusted and are now established, senior players in their own right - hopefully players like Quansah and Bradley can go on to do the same in time.
    Klopp has been amazing at bringing young talent through. Whether it's academy players or great talent spotting, it's a long time since we've had a manager as good.

Of course, when you fill a couple of positions like that it leaves all the more money for when big spending is actually needed. He had a perfect balance.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

As expected, the atmosphere today was more than a bit surreal. Everyone acting as normal, everything looking as normal, but absolutely nothing felt normal. Credit to the lads for the performance.

I think we controlled the game for the most part. We lost our shape and concentration with the mass substitutions, but I guess that should be expected.

I hate getting carried away about young players, and subsequently applying untold pressure on them, but Connor Bradley is nothing short of sensational. Either by luck or judgement (I like to think it’s the latter), he’s absolutely perfect for our set up. The energy to get up and down the line, the crafty little runs inside the fullback, the composure on the ball. He’s got the lot, but his minutes need to be well managed. I’ll be very surprised if he plays on Wednesday, and in many ways that’s a good thing.

We really are in a fantastic position on and off the field. And yet no matter how good things get, that fucking great big dark cloud over our heads refuses to shift.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Conor Bradley looks good, probably leaves Calvin Ramsay looking for another loan again.

The old guard like Virgil, Robbo, Salah, even Matip, who know how to win trophies, could be important next season as the new manager beds in.
    Hm. Now Virgil is saying he can't commit to the future at Liverpool with 18 months left on his contract...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Hm. Now Virgil is saying he can't commit to the future at Liverpool with 18 months left on his contract...
    Nothing story as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't want to sign a contract extension without knowing who the next manager is, what direction the club is going in etc.

Not to mention that by the time his contract runs out he would be 34 anyway, so whilst he would still have more juice in the tank beyond that, I don't think he is due a 5-year extension or anything and he will want to know if he is a big part of the next manager's plans or if it is time for a new challenge.

exactly Insidious, there was no way he could answer that question.. he doesn't know himself
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Speaking of Virgil did anyone see the turn of pace yesterday? Norwich was breaking on us and he turned on the speedos,. not seen him run like that in ages.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Nothing story as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't want to sign a contract extension without knowing who the next manager is, what direction the club is going in etc.

Not to mention that by the time his contract runs out he would be 34 anyway, so whilst he would still have more juice in the tank beyond that, I don't think he is due a 5-year extension or anything and he will want to know if he is a big part of the next manager's plans or if it is time for a new challenge.
    Damn you with your logic. Can't we just spout some anti-FSG nonsense and move on?
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.