Page 90 of 126 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Meanwhile this is where we are headed with the what was our sport.

https://x.com/picturesfoider/status/1757944147342688668?s=46&t=Py29ytjTcYK-9jcEs07T0g

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Meanwhile this is where we are headed with the what was our sport.

https://x.com/picturesfoider/status/1757944147342688668?s=46&t=Py29ytjTcYK-9jcEs07T0g
    You looking forward to sin bins in football?

Can't wait Utd will have no players left for 10 mins!

Fucking stupid imo

And sorta news, but I expect this summer transfer window to break records, especially after a quiet january Ka-CHING. we might even spend a bit!

UTD have had a bit of a takeover now init, more money.... because you know the glazers ain't spent enough on the team, nope ha. HA..hehe they need help and to sell 25% share, what a joke. Bet half of leverkusens team will end up leaving with alonso with the summer, the EPL will come calling, or well bayern.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 15th February 2024 at 11:44 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Can’t wait. Cheerleaders too. 😜

As long as the are female they can shake their pomspoms until the cows come home
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Or a load of old Bullocks

For anyone that doesn't know, Champions league changes nexts season

How does the new Champions League format work?

Taking the total number of teams from 32 to 36 in the Champions League, the biggest change will see a transformation from the traditional group stage to a single league phase including all participating teams.

Every club will now be guaranteed a minimum of eight league stage games against eight different opponents (four home games, four away) rather than the previous six matches against three teams, played on a home-and-away basis.

The top eight sides in the league will qualify automatically for the knockout stage, while the teams finishing in ninth to 24th place will compete in a two-legged play-off to secure their path to the last 16 of the competition.
    #FSGOUT

Manchester United had the most expensive football squad ever assembled last season, according to a new UEFA report.

Man Utd squad cost record-breaking £1.2bn last season; Manchester City rank second with squad valued at £1.1bn; Chelsea rank third with total derived from 2021/22 financial year; Blues' squad cost expected to explode after £1bn spending spree since Todd Boehly bought club

Rofl.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    For anyone that doesn't know, Champions league changes nexts season

How does the new Champions League format work?

Taking the total number of teams from 32 to 36 in the Champions League, the biggest change will see a transformation from the traditional group stage to a single league phase including all participating teams.

Every club will now be guaranteed a minimum of eight league stage games against eight different opponents (four home games, four away) rather than the previous six matches against three teams, played on a home-and-away basis.

The top eight sides in the league will qualify automatically for the knockout stage, while the teams finishing in ninth to 24th place will compete in a two-legged play-off to secure their path to the last 16 of the competition.
    I like -

The fact that you play 8 different sides, should make it a little more interesting, giving us an opportuniuty to play clubs we haven't played before / or for a while.

The teams that get elimited no longer drop down to the UEFA Cup.

I don't like -

A guaranteed extra 2 group matchs and the possibility of playing an extra knockout round.

The fact that you dont play the same teams home and away and everyone plays a different set of teams. Whilst it is more interesting to play different teams, I dont see how a league table can be truely 'fair' if everyone has a different set of fixtures.

I hate the wank idea of 'Legacy' clubs and top nations getting an extra place.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I'd sooner go back to the European Cup / UEFA Cup / CWC days.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd sooner go back to the European Cup / UEFA Cup / CWC days.
    I'm a "younger" fan, but didn't we have to win the League for one of those?

If Man City ended up going unpunished we might go without Europe for a spell, which would be a shame.

Interesting to see if Villa can nick 5th this season or not as the chances of English sides going deep enough in their European campaigns to grant a 5th Champion's League spot seem reasonably high.