Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Doesn't really matter we dominated in the end, still couldn't bury the chances we really should have.

One of the games we'll look back on if we miss out by a few pts

can dominate every game, means fuck all if you don't score, like diaz all his hard work today, but couldn't finish any chance, meant fuck all.

yay we played so well dominated them chance after chance, and we still only scored one, but at least we can blame VAR Instead now.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    What are you on about. I have been silent while most on here lambast Gakpo. I told 19 he would struggle this season.

I said he was a stop gap signing during an injury crisis last season - and he was.

Yes he came good last season - and scored some good goals and looked composed. But that was After we got our front line back.

But saying he was brilliant when he arrived is just crap. Go back and watch the games - look at the ratings. He was gash

hopefully he can come good again as the season progresses but he needs to show something and fast
    The difference is the change of system he was great in the false 9 role when we were still looking to regularly look to release LFWD & RFWD in behind & the false 9 playing a part in that he was great and scored lots of goals because he regularly arrived in the box more than Bobby

After last seasons performances he’s been shoved about from pillar to post & there isn’t really a place for him because we don’t use the position he played best in anymore and we can do better at LFWD RFWD & No9

Result was disappointing, but cannot believe some on here are having a go at some of the lads.

So proud of the boys today, they gave it everything.

What a team we have.

All of them were superb. Diaz was quality apart from his finishing. Had those chances been for Mo then I think we’d have all 3 points.

He's in a slump. But to be fair, he's double figures for the season. Not bad for essentially the 5th choice forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree - considering the opposition level allied to the number of first team players missing.. To play like that - something else.

Klopp is beaming
    His post match interview showed how happy he was with the performance. I'd say he is drinking in all these last games and appreciating them.

The crowd were class today as well. 10 games in the league to go. A few players back after the international break hopefully. Gonna be an exciting few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The difference is the change of system he was great in the false 9 role when we were still looking to regularly look to release LFWD & RFWD in behind & the false 9 playing a part in that he was great and scored lots of goals because he regularly arrived in the box more than Bobby

After last seasons performances he’s been shoved about from pillar to post & there isn’t really a place for him because we don’t use the position he played best in anymore and we can do better at LFWD RFWD & No9
    Look - I hope beyond hope he can turn it around - as he did last season after a poor start, but he just looks devoid of any confidence at all. Defenders seem to know exactly how to thwart him.

He has offered us nothing really this season - and right now - at a time we so desperately need what he should be able to deliver, is MIA.

Hope that changes

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Yeah but, consider the role that the officials and officiating have played in both of those fixtures - and especially at home.

A stone-cold penalty denied against Arsenal for Ordegaard's blatant handball in the box.

And in this game, putting aside the fact that Ederson should have seen red to leave them down to 10 men, there was yet another red card moment with Silva committing two yellow card fouls minutes apart and after the referee inexplicably let him off for the first one.

And then of course Doku's boot to the chest of Maca, which, even if you claim he got the ball, if I go for a ball that's high and close to your head and I get the ball but in the follow through kick you on the head, isn't that a yellow card for dangerous play anywhere else on the field?

So how has that not given in the box (along with the penalty it would have entailed)?

That's easily 4 points we've been robbed by poor officiating/VAR decisions in our home games against title rivals.
    And in a title race this tight, how can anyone dismiss those as just "....it happens. Get on with it." ?
    Yep I fully agree. It's proper pissed me off that. They blatantly shit out of giving it and it could be something that swings it for them like the Rodri handball against Everton.
    People can call us conspiracy theorists but when it's so blatant and happens this often then they can literally fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He's in a slump. But to be fair, he's double figures for the season. Not bad for essentially the 5th choice forward.
    I don't get why he's in a slump though, like you say he's in double figures and his stats aren't bad. He just looks ineffective constantly though.
    Even when we dominate teams he's always on the peripheral.

Klopp and his boys have played an absolutely magnificent season. Let's be honest we are where we would have dreamed to be @ the start of the season. Yes we had those nightmare refereeing decisions (Spurs/Arsenal/City today). We conceded late against Brighton, had a bore against United and dropped pts to Luton. But truly speaking who in their heart of hearts believed at the start of the season that we would be joint top bar goal difference. I felt @ the start of the season which I always feel with Liverpool that you want to get to 10 games out with a chance of winning it and then I always believe the sheer emotion and passion that is Liverpool fc will carry any group of players to achieve something special. We are there now.

There are 5 home games, 5 away I think. I feel the home games will look after themselves. The fight the boys have shown, they are genuine mentality monsters. Diaz is not the best finisher but clearly is coming to his dangerous self @ the right time of the season. Endo and Macca are at their level now, Szoboslai was awesome start of the season so he could return to that form. Nunez it is clear is havoc to anyone and everyone. Mo we know has goals. There are goals all over the pitch. There are players returning after international break for us that are injured. A game and performance like today would have really lifted Diaz not that he is a boy that gives up mentally that is a real positive for me last few weeks he just wants to go again and again.

The variable in this race is Arsenal who are on a 8 game winning run and perhaps giving some the shivers, They are where they are deservingly however it does seem that to win it from here on you need to win your last 10 games, I would more bet on City doing it then Arsenal, even if Arsenal win at the Empty. Arsenal's run of away games I repeat if they win those last five games they are champions, because @ home they are diving and running after the ref for 95 minutes asking for penalties and fouls. But so yes it is whoever picks up the most pts over the last 10 are Champions. Lets keep enjoying. Home games must be the greatest 5 games of Jurgen Klopp's life atmosphere wise those who go make it so. Then we see @ the end.