Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I don't get why he's in a slump though, like you say he's in double figures and his stats aren't bad. He just looks ineffective constantly though.
    Even when we dominate teams he's always on the peripheral.
    The boy is trying to hard and is not playing freely. He is not enjoying his football, he is forcing shots and when he must shoot passes. But I still back him as a squad player even ahead of Danns. Hope he goes away with Netherlands and scores a couple and gains belief again

I thought we were brilliant especially 2nd half. Special mention to Joe Gomez who has been emence this season. He just gets on with it no matter were he's asked to play and he just keeps going.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Klopp and his boys have played an absolutely magnificent season. Let's be honest we are where we would have dreamed to be @ the start of the season. Yes we had those nightmare refereeing decisions (Spurs/Arsenal/City today). We conceded late against Brighton, had a bore against United and dropped pts to Luton. But truly speaking who in their heart of hearts believed at the start of the season that we would be joint top bar goal difference. I felt @ the start of the season which I always feel with Liverpool that you want to get to 10 games out with a chance of winning it and then I always believe the sheer emotion and passion that is Liverpool fc will carry any group of players to achieve something special. We are there now.

There are 5 home games, 5 away I think. I feel the home games will look after themselves. The fight the boys have shown, they are genuine mentality monsters. Diaz is not the best finisher but clearly is coming to his dangerous self @ the right time of the season. Endo and Macca are at their level now, Szoboslai was awesome start of the season so he could return to that form. Nunez it is clear is havoc to anyone and everyone. Mo we know has goals. There are goals all over the pitch. There are players returning after international break for us that are injured. A game and performance like today would have really lifted Diaz not that he is a boy that gives up mentally that is a real positive for me last few weeks he just wants to go again and again.

The variable in this race is Arsenal who are on a 8 game winning run and perhaps giving some the shivers, They are where they are deservingly however it does seem that to win it from here on you need to win your last 10 games, I would more bet on City doing it then Arsenal, even if Arsenal win at the Empty. Arsenal's run of away games I repeat if they win those last five games they are champions, because @ home they are diving and running after the ref for 95 minutes asking for penalties and fouls. But so yes it is whoever picks up the most pts over the last 10 are Champions. Lets keep enjoying. Home games must be the greatest 5 games of Jurgen Klopp's life atmosphere wise those who go make it so. Then we see @ the end.
    In a weird way, I actually think Spurs will have more of an impact on who becomes champions this season than even the City-Arsenal game at the Etihad.

They're currently two points off the Champions' League spot behind Villa whom they thrashed today at their place, and with a game in hand that they should win to overtake Villa by a point.

But they face the three of us (City, Arsenal and ourselves) in consecutive games with the first two at home before they have to come to Anfield.

I could see them taking points off of City and Arsenal to try and secure the CL spot and I could even see them taking all three against Arsenal as that will be a North London derby and their fans will just love for them to be the team that dents Arsenal's title hopes.

They'll be under pressure to get something out of those two games (and possibly all three in the Arsenal game) knowing they have to come to Anfield after what happened at their place earlier in the season, and them coming without having the pressure to have to get a point or anything (thanks to having gotten two or four points from the previous game) might actually end up being what decides the title.

They are in fact the King-makers of this season*.

(*they could even throw a spanner in the works and win all three games (highly unlikely) , in which case help whichever team is already sitting on top before they meet all three)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    The boy is trying to hard and is not playing freely. He is not enjoying his football, he is forcing shots and when he must shoot passes. But I still back him as a squad player even ahead of Danns. Hope he goes away with Netherlands and scores a couple and gains belief again
    I hope so. We all want him to succeed.
    You never know he could be the one who seals another piece of silverware for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I thought we were brilliant especially 2nd half. Special mention to Joe Gomez who has been emence this season. He just gets on with it no matter were he's asked to play and he just keeps going.
    Absolutely mate. Some might laugh but right now he's my pick for player of the season. To do the job he's done across four spots has been fantastic, he was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    What the fuck is Carra on about?

“ I can see why it’s wasn’t given.” Doku karate kick

It’s a free kick 100% of the time.
    Trouble with Carragher, he's sold his soul to the devil working on Sly sports. He didn't want to go broke so decided to go WOKE.

[QUOTE=desismooth;282284 cannot believe some on here are having a go at some of the lads.

What a team we have.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum of knobheads that would prefer to call some of our players shite and only get highs on their wishes to buy buy buy.
    Yes today was disappointing, could have won, but a fantastic second half performance. Don’t take my word for it look at Kloppos post match interview. We humbled city in that second half.
    Salah was very rusty, he won’t be now. Szob more minutes …all good. Caomhin superb again…
    Things are looking good ( sorry to disappoint the gloom mongerers )

our officials are cunts. i hope nothing but misery on them. YET AGAIN WE WERE ROBBED.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    should have got firmino back in January if it meant a tempoary cover until summer when we get someone to replace Gakpo

He's a forward stevo, needs to put the ball in the net mate instead of a 10/10 today gets 6/10 he cost us a vital win

Walcott and SWP ran a lot too, so does Traoré
    I was talking about Elliott though Just so you know. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Absolutely mate. Some might laugh but right now he's my pick for player of the season. To do the job he's done across four spots has been fantastic, he was excellent today.
    To be honest I've banged on for years about him not being good enough. Hold my hand up, Gomez is having his best season ever. He does the simple stuff well, is very versatile, but like Diaz & Gakpo cant finish his dinner.