Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

If anything Atalanta we the Blitzkrieg. They pressed non-stop for 90 minutes. As Klopp said in his interview, we weren't opened up in 'normal' way, but got caught on poor turnovers in our own half.

We were absolute dogshit in the way we 'handled' it but I think a lot of credit has to go to Atalanta for playing like that.

I can't see them playing the same way in Italy. They dont need to. I will be shocked if it's anything other than an Italian defensive masterclass.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

We can all talk about 19/20 but even 19/20 As I have said before many times - The year of the Miracle 4:0 return v barca - the year of the 1st minute penalty v Spurs in the final - IF we are honest - we should not really have escaped the group at the expense of Napoli - who only lost 1 game in that group while we lost 3. That first 1:0 los in Naples was one of the most flattering 1:0 losses will will ever manage.. 5 or 6:0 and nobody would have said we didn't deserve it.

And here are the results v them over those 2 seasons too plus the season we went for the quad.

[IMG][/IMG]

Doesn't matter how you cook it - even at our so called best - we kinda struggled against them as we have down the years vs teams managed by the likes of Ancelotti.

This is before we look at the mighty Atalanta - Who we share a 5:5 aggregate with over the 3 games played so far - 2 at Anfield and 1 in Bergamo. Klopp's heavy metal football works well in the main - but you need another way to play at times.
    Last edited by Steveo; 12th April 2024 at 06:54 PM.

We ARE playing a different way that’s the point we waste more chances than ever because we’re playing a different way & there aren’t the same triggers for consistent movement & patterns of play

We overplay trying to play a passing game, there aren’t any recognisable patterns to our play & attacks & because 2 or more players who stayed their side of their man in good positions to burst off them & join play or quickly counter press & win it back our attack break down because we have too many leaving their men looking to join in the over passing

Were not playing anything like we played in 19-20 or last season even when many of the best elements of our 19-20 game had already been hugely diminished We press & counter press the same & that’s all that’s left of it

We currently play like City did in 19-20 without our attackers runs & triggers being well drilled or organised so we don’t score the goals but let more in as they did through too many looking to get involved & leaving players they should stay with

I thought they were operating similarly to how Brighton have done in the past & did first half recently with the forward dropping off rather than trying to play off our CBs same in wide areas with our full backs too, and looked to quickly counter through thst spreading the play wide with their forward ghosting into the box from deeper

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    In other words, don't be putting 50p in the dickhead.
    Stfu 🤡
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

@19 I think it’s much more to do with the fact that our forward class is significantly below the Prime Salah - Mané - Bobby level.

I mean where would we be this season with that attack. Almost certainly not needing so many miracles late wins. Far more capable of getting results v Arsenal and United etc.

Not easy to replace that fabulous front 3 though to be fair to the club.

Hence I posted those results v Napoli across from 2019 - was to highlight that even with that team, the cast and setup we struggled v Napoli and would have done so v Real as we did v Atletico.

The classic Klopp game is going to find it tougher to get results against sides that can adapt their game - better more technical sides with intelligent managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    This got the sarcasm it deserves. It’ deserves more.

We don’t actually “need” to be anything because you say so BPF. As reds we just naturally ARE more than thankful of the blessing. but NONE of us “need” to be.

Klopp’s Brilliance can enjoyed, revered, lamented by some even loathed by others - up to each and every individual. And nobody “needs” to be Corralled into any form of idolatry just because you say it’s so.

And to say we must never let any doubt rear its ugly head - as a tribute to Klopp is frankly - ridiculous. Not just ridiculous and totally unrealistic but a form of passive bullying. You don’t get to beat people up for their genuine feelings - or stifle their ability to say what they feel - by using your interpretation of a supposed loyalty to Klopp as the stick to beat them with.

I know what you are doing - even if you don’t - and it isn’t nice.

Here is a diehard - daring to show a little of that doubt that is born of what was witnessed.

I am intrigued by your comment, “ I know what you are doing - even if you don’t - and it isn’t nice. “ What on earth is that supposed to mean, I just wrote what I thought was a call to arms post, nothing more, to imply anything else is frankly baffling.

I have already tried to clarify my original post, and I have apologised for how the last element of my post may have read and could be interpreted, but in my defence I have always been an eternal optimist and maybe trying to encourage others to be the same, is a failing I have to readily acknowledge.

However, that doesn't mean I dont have doubts, I have experienced lots of doubts than in my life, for example I doubt we will recover from our loss to Atalanta, I doubt that we will go on to win the league, because we seem to be running on fumes at the moment. Thankfully doubting is just not my default setting and so ultimately I always try to be upbeat and optimistic, about everything including the two aforementioned examples, and so for you to describe my post as passive bullying, is somewhat disappointing and I think unfair.

I will simply have to disagree with you on that one…

Dinnae apologise to that spineless coward.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    I am intrigued by your comment, “ I know what you are doing - even if you don’t - and it isn’t nice. “ What on earth is that supposed to mean, I just wrote what I thought was a call to arms post, nothing more, to imply anything else is frankly baffling.

I have already tried to clarify my original post, and I have apologised for how the last element of my post may have read and could be interpreted, but in my defence I have always been an eternal optimist and maybe trying to encourage others to be the same, is a failing I have to readily acknowledge.

However, that doesn't mean I dont have doubts, I have experienced lots of doubts than in my life, for example I doubt we will recover from our loss to Atalanta, I doubt that we will go on to win the league, because we seem to be running on fumes at the moment. Thankfully doubting is just not my default setting and so ultimately I always try to be upbeat and optimistic, about everything including the two aforementioned examples, and so for you to describe my post as passive bullying, is somewhat disappointing and I think unfair.

I will simply have to disagree with you on that one…
    It came across like a dictat that we must never doubt - and that any doubt is in effect disrespectful to Jurgen Klopp. That’s not fair imo.

And on a forum where everyone should be free to voice anything they feel, be it rampant optimism, future fears, hopes, expectations - hell - even the unfiltered disturbed garbage Jokestrap spews forth … to me at least - we should all be free to say how we feel. This IS the very purpose of a forum.

Some behave like we are on the terraces (I know they don’t exists these days) with a game in full flow.

We all doubt - we do it daily - it’s isn’t the grandest thing and probably is something we should try to avoid over indulging in BUT being rational it must surely be allowed in here.

Thats all.

Say anything you like but don't say that.