Page 694 of 705 FirstFirst ... 194594644684687688689690691692693694695696697698699700701704 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 7047

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Nice sneaky offer for Fatawu… Might not work out but could be another gem. Low risk with great sell on potential- right up FSG’s passage

Michael Edwards has brought back Julian Ward as FSGs technical director. Also Benficas Pedro Marques joins as director of football development.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Michael Edwards has brought back Julian Ward as FSGs technical director. Also Benficas Pedro Marques joins as director of football development.
    I'm not sure I like this move too much (Ward).

He was the one responsible after he took over when Edwards left, when we stood pat in the transfer market after we cmae close in the title race for the second time - rather than going out and addressing areas that had clear need to be addressed, and taking into account the mileage and number of games the likes of Hendo and co. had played in those three years (including and specifically the quadruple chasing year.....the first one), and you could see the result the following season when we basically just fell off a cliff, performance-wise.

And then he just shits off after the bottom had basically fallen out.

Now he comes back when there's a clean slate with a new manager and Edwards is back yet again?

I don't like it.

I supposed I could say, if Edwards trusts him seeing as he's the one who brought him back, I should be fien with it, but somehow I'm just not.

Also, is that Benfica fella going to make Darwin (finally) click, or nah?

I'm going to treat next season as a total reboot and complete reset and give Slot a wide berth before making any judgments, but I can't deny I'm a little underwhelmed so far with Edwards 2.0 regime.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Wasn’t Ward’s fault we persisted with all fir coat & no knickers & compounded that by him playing alongside a destroyer in a position we needed a No6 who frequently let our press be broken the Champions League final seeing the pair combine to assist Real scoring their goal

Watching Mac & Endo this season with great positioning & picking up for the most part, Endo has the odd game he just sits in a space and is reactive rather than proactive I had hoped the penny would finally drop & a few would remember the difference between a No6 & a destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm not sure I like this move too much (Ward).

He was the one responsible after he took over when Edwards left, when we stood pat in the transfer market after we cmae close in the title race for the second time - rather than going out and addressing areas that had clear need to be addressed, and taking into account the mileage and number of games the likes of Hendo and co. had played in those three years (including and specifically the quadruple chasing year.....the first one), and you could see the result the following season when we basically just fell off a cliff, performance-wise.

And then he just shits off after the bottom had basically fallen out.

Now he comes back when there's a clean slate with a new manager and Edwards is back yet again?

I don't like it.

I supposed I could say, if Edwards trusts him seeing as he's the one who brought him back, I should be fien with it, but somehow I'm just not.

Also, is that Benfica fella going to make Darwin (finally) click, or nah?

I'm going to treat next season as a total reboot and complete reset and give Slot a wide berth before making any judgments, but I can't deny I'm a little underwhelmed so far with Edwards 2.0 regime.
    He put his notice in within a few months of taking the job. It was around the time there seemed to be a few key people leaving like Mike Gordon.
    Edwards obviously rates him and a pal of mine said Utd wanted him, I've not read anything on that though.

Eintracht Frankfurt want 50-60m euros for 22-year-old Ecuador defender Willian Pacho, who has been linked with Liverpool. (Sky Sports Germany)

Williams Pacho Koopmeiners Geertrude Varela are a few of the links so far

Varela teaming up with Mac in midfield would be interesting you’d think

Mohamed Amoura is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    "To be fair to the owners".

You mean you credit the owner for not pilfering from the transfer kitty while at the same time running the club on a so called self sustaining model. So not a penny put in and a clap when they don't steal. I will remind you that despite claims to the contrary we are paying interest on the loan they said they would not take for the Anfield road stand which is STILL not yet finished.. 13 years and counting...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/0...-debts-of-88m/

Quality...
    Thieving cnuts.
    Feck off and bring someone in who wants us to develop.
    (being polite as possible)