Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Aston Villa v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Macca has the highest number of “dribbled past” (66) in the squad this year. He is workable as a dm but it’s not where he should be.
    I agree he should be further forward generally there are games the opposition set up with a low block where I think he’s best employed as our No6

Varela who were linked with looks good with & without the ball, Mac does get back quickly from
    No8 & helps Endo out when he’s held a player up, sometimes releasing Endo to go forward & covering No6, a onfield relationship with a fellow Argie might be beneficial

I think the problem really is we weren’t able to develop & evolve the new midfield & built better relationships between them & between them & the forwards & defence because of injuries

I will say of Elliott, even when poor in some other areas of his play, he is now very good in his pressing and counter pressing & does that pretty well almost always now & seems to understand & value the importance of it

I expected better of Jones when he came back, I thought he’d at least do that really well as he had been doing prior to injury when he returned, but he’s been awful & there’s no excuse for him, he’s been around the first team since 18-19 he KNOWS what’s required

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sloppy can go too, he’s been shite since his injury & coming in at RCM & playing worse than one swallow on a bad day takes some doing
    Off the top your head between Trent & Quansah, who has been more at fault for goals conceded ? And which has conceded most goals per game when playing ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Off the top your head between Trent & Quansah, who has been more at fault for goals conceded ? And which has conceded most goals per game when playing ?
    Off the top of my head I couldn’t tell you, Quansah had a few games when we had the continuity in midfield & up top when we pressed a lot better & our positioning was better as a result which as per our 19-20 Gomez discussion makes things a lot easier for CBs I believe the proof is in the pudding is the saying

In this last run of games I think Quansah based on my expectations of what I think a centre back should do in given situations & what they should always be aware of & him having done neither of those things in a number of situations that led to goals - Based pretty much on how Virgil Matip Konate & a host of other top CBs do it in those situations

He just needs some help & work on that & is otherwise an excellent young player

I thought Díaz was woeful, he had 3 potential goal involvements, fluffed a goal chance, hit a terrible ball for Mo then needlessly went too early to actually release Mo & Elliott

There’s the Copa America finals this summer too

Maybe that’s where my man Mac’s head was when he miscontrolled for them to score, at least he was furious & embarrassed by it, his face went rage red

I think, not especially in this game, the season effectively done, but in general Jurgen & the lads gave it absolutely everything they had this season & ran on empty for a spell when we were down to the bare bones

They need to learn from it & use it as motivation to go the distance next season

I think the majority will improve further with games in a settled side including cameo appearances with consistency of selection, it’s a brand new team in so many ways & you need that continuity of selection for the players to really develop a more thorough understanding of each other & what’s expected of each other playing in the best 11

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The 4 subs proved it was a dead rubber. Role on Sunday.
    Aye Aye Captain 🤡

In case it wasn't obvious, we hae nothing left tae play fur.

And that wid be "Roll on Sunday".
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its not easy covering all that ground in midfield. especially now when teams are allowed 5 subs. the midfield is over run at the end of games. the subs don't work if you keep your midfield the same.
    Th' body ye wur afore wid die fur a grapefruit!
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

ShitBot strikes again!

Chooo-choooo.....

I do think it’s interesting how the best two teams in the league (City & Arsenal) have moved away from attacking minded full backs and gone with defensive minded ones or even centre backs. The likes of Cancelo and Zinchenko have been set aside for Gvardiol, Tomiyasu etc....

Feels like both City and Arsenal are more solid as a result but neither have lost their attacking threat.....

We on the other hand, are porous as hell. Hopefully Slot takes a handle on that from his first day in charge.....

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL. block it like i have
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century