Page 401 of 418 FirstFirst ... 301351391394395396397398399400401402403404405406407408411 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4175

Thread: Other games

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think it's worth remembering that they'll be just another club once the doping little cheat has gone.
    As much as I dislike him there's no denying how good he is. There's not another manager about currently who could go there and carry on what he's done.
    I always said that about Utd. Once Ferguson left it was over for them.
    I'm not so sure - if they do end up going unpunished (or punished in a fashion that barely registers as a punishment) they could still keep buying the best players and a high-quality Manager could still have them winning League titles.

Mancini did, Pellegrini did. I could see Ancelotti for example getting them a second Champion's League trophy if he spent 3 years there, then there will always be the "next big thing" Managers that they can well afford to recruit in due course.

If they get punished it will be great, but Sky for example are either shit-scared of going on about the charges for fear of legal action OR (and I suspect this is more likely) are deeply in on things with the corruption side of it. The "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again" commentary from Tyler is one of their channel's big soundbites for getting people watching the footie and they can't/won't erase that lightly - then nearly every bloody provider (apart from Qatari-owned beIN sports funnily enough....) has Micah on laughing himself stupid to feed the "bantz" opium for the younger generation to steer the tone away from anything serious - like Man City's charges.

I'm not confident of them flushing down the Drain any time soon, but do very much hope you are right. I thought Chelsea would be a pain in the arse forever and they're now a mid-table side.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm not so sure - if they do end up going unpunished (or punished in a fashion that barely registers as a punishment) they could still keep buying the best players and a high-quality Manager could still have them winning League titles.

Mancini did, Pellegrini did. I could see Ancelotti for example getting them a second Champion's League trophy if he spent 3 years there, then there will always be the "next big thing" Managers that they can well afford to recruit in due course.

If they get punished it will be great, but Sky for example are either shit-scared of going on about the charges for fear of legal action OR (and I suspect this is more likely) are deeply in on things with the corruption side of it. The "I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again" commentary from Tyler is one of their channel's big soundbites for getting people watching the footie and they can't/won't erase that lightly - then nearly every bloody provider (apart from Qatari-owned beIN sports funnily enough....) has Micah on laughing himself stupid to feed the "bantz" opium for the younger generation to steer the tone away from anything serious - like Man City's charges.

I'm not confident of them flushing down the Drain any time soon, but do very much hope you are right. I thought Chelsea would be a pain in the arse forever and they're now a mid-table side.
    Maybe you're right, I do think he does give them an edge over other teams,he's a little weasel but he is an excellent manager. None of us can deny it,he does make a difference. Yes he's had it all handed to him on a plate but he still has to get those players playing that football in that system.
    Also Utd looked like a well oiled machine but it was far from that and it became apparent when Ferguson left.
    Who would have thought they would go ten years without a title? Nobody would have predicted that, Empires never carry on forever.
    That what I comfort myself with anyway. Lolz etc.

Thing is, if they are dealt with properly,. they could be relegated and not win the league for a while after that.
    another thing. if the trial is in the Autumn and if they immediately kick them out of the league, does that mean that teams that have already played them will lose points? for the games the played against them? I could see a scenario of us being shafted again. they get to play us and then they kicked out.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Didn’t they lose 2;0 at Home to Villa the day we lost to Palace?
    I'd need to double-check at some stage but I think their last 19 in the League was -

- Won 17
    - Drew 1
    - Lost 1

- it really shouldn't have to be this way for sides.

I just hope at some stage fans in the UK can be a bit less tribal when the big issues arise. One way to drive it Home would be every club unfurling a "115" banner at every Home match.

Another (much more drastic) would be sides simply not fielding teams against Man City. Let them win every match by default and these big televised games that Sky, TNT etc pay for don't happen and the pundits and commentators are left hanging with two hours or more of TV time where they're forced to talk about the issue, with most fans likely changing the channel after the 3rd or 4th week of it, hitting the viewing figures big time.

Neither will happen of course but I'd love to see it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Quite sure they did lose on the same day
    I got confused as to which of City or Arsenal we were talking about. Both were lucky not to have lost to us at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'd need to double-check at some stage but I think their last 19 in the League was -

- Won 17
    - Drew 1
    - Lost 1

- it really shouldn't have to be this way for sides.

I just hope at some stage fans in the UK can be a bit less tribal when the big issues arise. One way to drive it Home would be every club unfurling a "115" banner at every Home match.

Another (much more drastic) would be sides simply not fielding teams against Man City. Let them win every match by default and these big televised games that Sky, TNT etc pay for don't happen and the pundits and commentators are left hanging with two hours or more of TV time where they're forced to talk about the issue, with most fans likely changing the channel after the 3rd or 4th week of it, hitting the viewing figures big time.

Neither will happen of course but I'd love to see it.
    It's ridiculous. Needing 90+ pts every season to win the league. Leeds won it in 1992 with 82 points and played 4 games extra.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

The race for 6th place tonight:

Brighton v Chelsea
    Man Utd v Newcastle

Newcastle still with an outside chance of 5th

The further down the League Utd finish the more I like it

Come on New Astor bum em

Brendan guiding Celtic to another title.