Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

The problem will be if the likes of Sky and TnT still put the lines on at halftime etc to prove the lino or ref have made a mistake.
    They hopefully will not be allowed to still do that.

Back to refs, linesmen, automated offside assistant and goal line technology. That's it!

If they scrap it I’ll probably pack the football in because I’m not going back to the absolute shit show it was pre VAR

People would do well to remember that oppositions fans dubbed us LiVARpool in 19-20 because of the amount of wrong decisions against us it overturned, because they all expected wrong decisions given against us because it had been happening regularly for 30 years

Another good reason to keep it is it will all work rapidly using AI & be completely accurate within 3 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    My mind is made up Kev I want it to be used properly as it was in the first two thirds of 19-20

FAPGMOL fuck it up & deliberately take too long with decisions to try to make it unpopular because it stops them match fixing as easily as they used to
    Fuck off, you slag and say about VAR all the time, one of the biggest moaners on here

Pfft, i can't be arsed
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

VAR is a brilliant, conclusive concept.
    It is run incorrectly, (in order to fit into the existing game), consequently being a disaster.
    It is totally implemented to make quick (referee like) decisions. Which just makes similar referee decisions that take much ,much longer. Correct or not.
    Either scrap it as not fit for purpose or make it part of the game where the decisions can be anylised and the game continue.
    Unfortunately to do so would have very remarkable altering of the rules, (even goals given or removed at each half).
    Red cards could be yellow with a VAR consideration after some minutes to give red.
    But however VAR would have to work in parallel and not sequential, so whatever benefits the VAR would bring would definitely change the game we know into a nerve racking 10-15 mins.
    I think the former is most likely as I do not think the powers that be are capable of grasping or agreeing a workable solution.
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

If you think you’re not going to see a tsunami of even more bent officiating than we currently see with VAR you’re sadly mistaken

Look how corrupt they are with VAR where there’s zero excuse for errors & our punditry blame the VAR rather than corrupt officials and THAT is blatant in your face fuck you we don’t care we’ll do as we please corruption with VAR for thrn to be held account to

What the FUCK are they going to be like without it? Having worked so hard to fuck up a system that works perfectly well in all other leagues to try & get it removed?

Ppl have very short memories it was far worse pre VAR

What we need is a vote to ditch FAPGMOL
    over its deliberate incompetence & to employ the best officials in Europe in their place to officiate all Prem games

The clubs should NOT have to put up with their corruption & should be able to vote for who gets the contract to officiate Premier League games, THEN we’d see VAR suddenly able to be used quickly & for the purposes of its inception

Keep VAR 'n' bin th' refs wha cannae implement it properly.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

With competent refs and assistants VAR would be wonderful. But we know it doesn't work like that.

2002 World Cup where Spain and particularly Italy were subject to the most ridiculous calls would never have happened with VAR - or Agger not barely even touching Berbatov in the box in a Cup game (King Kenny and Fergie) in a Cup game would be ruled a dive and not a Manc pen - and so on.

It's utilised hopelessly in England but overall I like it in principle. So many neutral games I've watched in the Champion's League and the automated offside system which doesn't show lines but a pale grey wall looks excellent and I don't recall too many look-at-the-monitor controversies in Europe - it's English officials that are the bigger issue.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay