Page 702 of 713 FirstFirst ... 202602652692695696697698699700701702703704705706707708709712 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 7123

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

I don’t think he has been managed very well or that we did enough work with him to build up to him playing at No9

Last season our best front 3 was

Nunez Gakpo Salah

Nunez struggled a bit last season at No9 & was much better used at LFWD having a goal return of almost 1 every 2 games

Gakpo was excellent at false 9 & a big part of our rescuing something from last season

What work did we do with Nunez between last season & this to further develop him in the No9 role? None he struggles a bit sone games for the same reason he did last season before we moved him to LFWD, so why ditch Gakpo, move a player you haven’t developed any further in a role he struggled a bit into that role? Makes no sense to me, to bring back Diaz?

Díaz has been far worse than Nunez for me, he’s missed a bunch of sitters in massive games, 2 against City at Anfield alone

When Nunez is worked with & the front 3 as a collective on runs positioning when we have recognisable patterns of play & triggers for movement again & a coordinated front three and he’s had what I consider a fair crack of the whip, I’ll pass judgement

We’re being linked with Rodrigo

Does anybody here actually rate him? I don’t I’ve seen him in plenty of Champions League games & he just doesn’t impress me

I think it’s just another lazy there’s a window coming Liverpool Real rumour

They’re usually better in Europe when they leave him out & play Valverde at LFWD dropping in as an extra mid, working between the two positions

No update on Hartman’s recovery

If he recovers brilliantly the lads a player, picked a crap time to pick this injury up Missing the Euros though so most likely a run into a few months of next season scenario

Chelsea been sniffing around despite his injury by a few accounts

He’s the one player of theirs I’d want most

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We’re being linked with Rodrigo

Does anybody here actually rate him? I don’t I’ve seen him in plenty of Champions League games & he just doesn’t impress me

I think it’s just another lazy there’s a window coming Liverpool Real rumour

They’re usually better in Europe when they leave him out & play Valverde at LFWD dropping in as an extra mid, working between the two positions
    Read some quotes from an interview he did recently. He said Liverpool wanted to sign him and he was interested etc but as soon as Real were interested there was only one place he was going to.
    I'd very much doubt he'd trade Real for Liverpool. He's a regular,they win things, lifestyle etc. Don't even see why Real would consider letting him go,he's a quality player.
    We always get linked with Valverde too. He's their most used player this season, 50 odd appearances.

There was a tweet from Paul Joyce yesterday that was intriguing.
    He said that Klopp wanted to give Matip another year and also wanted to give year long extensions to Bobby and Milner.
    He said that Klopp has been too loyal at times.
    Fab and Hendo weren't "sold" as such either, they both forced moves.

I wonder if the Matip situation might see him get another year if money is tight like Miller mentioned the other day in terms of FFP/PSR.
    Might not be a bad idea really, if rumours are true regarding Gomez being open to a move they could take some money that way and still have cover and also bring Sepp VdB back off loan.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I wonder if the Matip situation might see him get another year if money is tight like Miller mentioned the other day in terms of FFP/PSR.
    Might not be a bad idea really, if rumours are true regarding Gomez being open to a move they could take some money that way and still have cover and also bring Sepp VdB back off loan.
    I can't see that honestly, but who knows.

Van den Berg should get assessed and Quansah needs more game time to develop. Plus I think we should be targeting a centre-back anyway as a staple partner for Virgil.

Worth remembering that Matip will be 33 in August and is on a decent wedge. He isn't a feature of the long-term future of the club. There's always a moment where parting ways to give the others a chance to develop and the end of Joel's contract seems a very "natural" time to do it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I can't see that honestly, but who knows.

Van den Berg should get assessed and Quansah needs more game time to develop. Plus I think we should be targeting a centre-back anyway as a staple partner for Virgil.

Worth remembering that Matip will be 33 in August and is on a decent wedge. He isn't a feature of the long-term future of the club. There's always a moment where parting ways to give the others a chance to develop and the end of Joel's contract seems a very "natural" time to do it.
    Yeah absolutely right about targeting the long term pillar to eventually replace VvD. It'll be nice if they do go out and buy on the three spots we see as pivotal.
    I'm not convinced we will though,if they do somebody is being sold to bring in a large sum to fund it.
    There's issues around RB in my opinion too. If Bradley is going to nail that spot we need back up. Maybe Ramsey? Or if we keep Gomez then fine. Can't see Trent being used there as an out and RB ever again to be honest, he's not upto the job both in mind and body.

After his performances this season i'd definitely be keeping Gomez, he's arguably been our player of the year. As much as I love Robbo, I think Gomez was hard done by when he came back in.

Can play anywhere across the back line and is 'home-grown'. Can't see him being moved on.

Agree with Sid on Matip as well, it's a natural end of both parties.

I think for next season we either see what Van den Berg can do, or we bring in a new CB. It's a tricky one because Konate is more than capable, we've all seen it. If he can himself right he's a quality CB. Quansah needs to develop, but needs games to continue to do so, and is unlikely to get many if he becomes 4th choice.

I'm happy enough with our fullback options for next season, with a view to upgrade/replace one of Robbo / Tsimi in 25/26.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I agreed too,I just read a couple of bits recently though that he's apparently open to leaving.
    Hopefully it's wrong,he might speak to Slot and see where he sees himself.
    He gets knocked but of anyone is to buy him now they're paying 60m plus for that kind of quality and versatility. Easy to knock but not easy at all to find a player like that.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    According to reports we are sailing close to the wind with the new FFP regulations, so we’ll have to sell to buy, for both accumulating an adequate transfer kitty and to reduce the wage bill.

While Thiago leaving helps to the tune of £200k a week, it doesn’t help with the kitty.

Edwards and his crew will have to decide whether the probable £100m Saudi bid plus getting £350k a week off the wage bill, outweighs Salah’s diminishing returns.
    I find this very interesting (and hard to believe). I know operating costs are high and we pay high salaries but look how much we've spent on transfers - isn't the NET something like £35m each season for the last 5 seasons.

Where is the rest of the money going from all the sponsorship, match day, winning trophies etc. I know we've got loans out for the stadium improvements but surely we cant be close to a FFP breach