Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Premier League clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

Jurgen said in his presser that the people using VAR are not capable of using it properly and as you can’t change the people, he would vote to scrap it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The overwhelming consensus I’ve seen from fans across all social media is that VAR isn’t the issue it is FAPGMOL officials who are the cause of the problems

Posts to this effect hugely outnumber those I am seeing who think it’s a good idea

When it is a fully automated AI system in a couple of seasons it would mean FAPGMOL are completely unable to try & fix the outcomes of matches & titles and they don’t want that happening
    Tend to agree. Was botched from the start with the non-transparent reasoning, that footy fans were too working class to have it open like in rugby.

Not having it open to public scrutiny and forced improvement was a bad idea. Especially in the PL where England has struggled to get Referees into the big international tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I am convinced some officials cheat (whether consciously unconsciously) and VAR has certainly not eradicated that either.
    And your brilliant solution is to remove the replays that would show them cheating.

Stick to writing gash on a football forum.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    And your brilliant solution is to remove the replays that would show them cheating.
    This is my point, thry or so obviously corrupt as demonstrated by their use of VAR, but it is showing up their corruption, it’s standing out like a sore thumb compared to European competitions an other European leagues

As VAR improves with things like automated offside, coming next season, that’s another call they’ll no longer be able to cheat

They can’t keep up what they’ve been doing this season worse than ever - It makes no sense to remove VAR as they’d only return to be as corrupt as they were 91-19 with nothing, no system, to hold them to account to

Instead more pressure needs to come from the clubs for them to do it right or be replaced by their foreign counterparts with greater powers enabling clubs to demand the removal of those they view as persistent offenders in the misuse of VAR & failures to apply the laws of the game and to apply them evenly

And my point is that it hasn’t stopped the cheating whatsoever

It’s been an absolute car crash, sucking the excitement out of the game.

Scrap it

Keep VAR it has already massively reduced the cheating & opportunities to cheat piling the pressure now on FAPGMOL to get their house & officials in order, because now it can’t be explained away by human error, it’s out there in the open that our officials are corrupt & removing VAR now would let them off the hook

We have been cheated out of at least two league titles since it came in. I don’t see any discernible improvement

And what was one major decision that stopped us this time an incorrect offside call that will be out of their hands with VAR next season

Red cards & pens will be next after that with AI you’ll be able to feed it 1000’s of clear examples of each according to what ever directives for a season they put in place

So if it’s meaningful contact or the player initiating contact, it’ll have 1000’s of each when correct decisions were made it’ll cross reference in seconds & arrive at a decision that’s CONSISTENT with every other correct decision none of the subjective bollocks

So our two pens, Forest’s three v the bitters, Wolves v the filthy, they’d all be pens

That’s only 2 maybe 3 seasons away & the offsides is taken out of their cheating hands next season