Page 119 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1969109112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1257

Thread: Football News

Henderson was class, not everyone’s cup of tea, but he suited our needs perfectly, we’d have won far more if we’d have binned Fab off when the team evolved in his absence

It was painful to watch when Fab came back in, the movement of the full backs & forwards had developed in a way that relied of Hendo’s passing at No6 really strong, clear & recogniseable patterns of play

When Fab came back in, they were making those runs the same & weren’t getting that service from Fab & the press was straight back to getting broken - We could & should have been at least 2 down through his errors in his first game back c Southampton

Watching the Atletico game, the forwards & moreso Trent & Robbo making the run beyond their man about the halfway line looking for it to be connected as it has been seamlessly in Fab’s absence & him not have the tools or vision to do it

It’s like Gakpo’s assist for Mo v Spurs, beautiful ball be Endo from No6 to release Gakpo in space, also plays a few to connect the full backs runs in timely fashion, whatever you think about Fab, he didn’t have those passes & when you’ve evolved & played the best you ever have with your set up through having those passes & an almost impenetrable press & counter press, removing those two things will only result in devolution and it did

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    That was his role. As it was for all of the midfielders, they were all workmenlike grafters. If you have both fullbacks bombing forward then the midfield have to be able to cover.

He'll be this generation's Ronnie Whelan.
    True... but both Gini and Fabinho with significantly better technique imo and both better footballers.

Let's not forget Milner either - another player who while not the very top level was - at the same age - better than Hendo...BUT Neither are getting many games for Pep's City or any of the top clubs in Europe.. When you say that was their role.. it was - BUT primarily 'cause that was the ONLY role they could play at this level effectively.

That's the point for me. We performed a Blitzkrieg at times - and hugely effective - albeit with the fairly regular need for miracle....pulling-rabbit-out-of-the-hat performances....

IF you can get the midfield to just graft - and that takes amazing management...takes total devotion to the manager...it's a way to play....and it allowed more creative forces to affect games. Klopp using the tools at his disposal brilliantly.

HOWEVER.. this is the point. For me if you drop even a prime Henderson into this seasons side we are below where we are today. The midfield has for once been carrying the tream at tijes this season - with a front line WAY below what it was. Like we all did - Hendo benefitted higely did from 5 or 6 world class players ALL in their prime under Klopp inn his prime. 2 or 3 of those players hitting the heights in almost every game.

As far as I am concerned...Along with the incredible performances of man mountain best in the world... Virgil Van Dijk and the amazing form of Alisson - THIS is primarily what got us 97 and 99 points... and then almost carried us to a quad again with over 90 points .........

Come on - let's be real. We replaced the entire midfield - Look how well we did still. Klopp can get a tune out of most players tbh.

Despite the fact that Virgil has never been quite back to what he was pre Prickford.. And the fact that Robbo and Trent are miles away from the form they also showed...Put that Front 3 in our side this season and give us the same injuries record as either 2018/19 or 2019/20 - where do we finish? T
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th May 2024 at 06:19 PM.

This made me laugh

Vinicius Jnr on links to Man United:

"Manchester United is a great club, and I'm very happy to be link to this amazing club. But the only problem is what my idol Cristiano Ronaldo said about them. He said "their Gym is Old, thier Toilet is old, the owner is old, even everything about them is old". As you can see their players are old too. And I'm still young, I'm not ready to live my life in old place"

Feyenoord considering Nuri Şahin (remember him?) for the managerial position to replace Arne Slot.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Roberto de Zerbi will leave Brighton by mutual consent after their final Premier League match of the season at home to Manchester United on Sunday.

Wonder if anything will happen regarding Chelsea selling their Cobham training ground off to.....themselves......to try to get around PSR.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Sky wankers go & play your fake crap about the title as if the campaign & City’s existence & how they came to be has been all above board & contested on a level playing field

I’ve tuned in for the Liverpool v Wolves game not this entirely dishonest shit show & if rat face annoying thick as shit Manc accent is going to be the voice behind it all you can stick your fkn subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wonder if anything will happen regarding Chelsea selling their Cobham training ground off to.....themselves......to try to get around PSR.
    Didn’t they sell a hotel to themselves too.

Oh, so now Pep is casting doubt as to whether he'll stay on after hus current deal ends next year. If only Jurgen had one title race not against him FFS.

Maybe Fraudiola thinks they will be found guilty and charged.