Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Wolves

Virgil is close to tears there.

Linda looking great

Thank you Jurgen for changing this bloke who'd become a cynic about us winning a title. Took it for granted as a 13 year old in 1990 when we won championships regularly. All of a sudden I was 43 and hadn't see it again in those 3 decades until 2020.
    Now I am once again a believer.

I know today wasn’t about the result or the game at all even but 36 attempts and just 2 goals is quite pathetic and underlines a real issue we have in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    Thank you Jurgen for changing this bloke who'd become a cynic about us winning a title. Took it for granted as a 13 year old in 1990 when we won championships regularly. All of a sudden I was 43 and hadn't see it again in those 3 decades until 2020.
    Now I am once again a believer.
    Ditto mate. 100%. Changed our lives.

What a great man Jürgen is & has been for all of us - I’ll miss him hugely

I'm not a fan of "live, laugh, love" sort of affirmations, but do love little nuggets of positive advice to apply to day-to-day life.

We got to witness so many wonderful games under Jürgen, but on top of that if you listened to ANY pre-match conference, post-match conference or interview, there will be at least one phrase or sentence that is geared towards a winning and/or personal fulfilment mindset.

I hope somebody collates them all one day and creates a brilliant book for a coffee table.

The man is an inspiration. It's beautiful that no man is bigger than the club and yet Klopp's magic works so far beyond football.

It's many a year since anyone affiliated with the game had earned a tip of the cap and a pint as much as him and I am just so glad he gets to kick back on a deck chair with the Mrs and breathe in our gratitude.

Thank you Boss. You got so many people through so many difficult times. Football should ideally always be an escape from reality rather than a torture and you helped us live out one Hell of a fantasy novel come true.

What a stunning book these last 9 years have been and I just hope Slot's sequel is even half as good. You certainly have written the fabric of a beautiful story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Beautifully said Sid.

I was absolutely dreading this game, but somehow it wasn’t as bad as I imagined it would be. In a way it felt like a natural conclusion to an incredible era; almost a celebration of the team’s achievements under Klopp and a firm acknowledgment that the club— for better or worse— is bigger than one man.

Overall, I’m just really grateful that we have been blessed with his presence, and that he’s now able to enjoy retirement, at least for a while. He deserves that.

Thanks for some great memories Jurgen. You’ll never walk alone… again.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

So in the end our defence conceded 7 goals more than the top team and our attack scored 10 goals less.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    So in the end our defence conceded 7 goals more than the top team and our attack scored 10 goals less.
    Just three draws less could have been the difference. Luton,City and Utd. All games we easily should have won.
    That should really feel encouraging, a decent summer could bridge that. Easier said than done obviously but when you see those stats we are not a mile off, especially when we haven't really been at what we could say it's our best.