Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

Sorry, just realized that's the same as the one Sid posted. I can't access Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Total football.

@AnfieldEdition

🥇| Arne Slot has moved Liverpool’s return to preseason a week earlier than originally planned, with the squad now set to return to the AXA Training Centre in the first week of July. [@_ChrisBascombe]
    But Boss, I've booked a holiday with the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurthers View Post
    It says he's our "first head coach". Not a manager then?
    A good move as far as I am concerned.

Some Managers end up with so much that they're overseeing with a club that they can get stretched a bit thin.

If Edwards and co are taking on some of this work and Slot can immerse himself fully in management etc (rather than recruitment say) then he is hopefully less likely to get burnt out at any stage.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I just hope he gets a nice easy home game for his first. But knowing us it'll be something like Arsenal away.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I just hope he gets a nice easy home game for his first. But knowing us it'll be something like Arsenal away.
    I genuinely don't mind a difficult away day to open the season - there's something about the prospect of catching a side off-guard that appeals.

The ones I fear the most typically would be a top side at Anfield that might be a title or Champion's League rival (in case THEY catch US off-guard) or a newly promoted side (Home or Away) that is in that energised, "ah why not just go for it" state.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

It'll be Leeds away (if they are promoted) on the Friday evening. Referee being Darren England. Followed by a Monday night 8 days later at home to Man-city
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The best thing about jumping in in the deep end is, it's deep man!

First job get the pressing & counter pressing back to the levels it was at its best

Anyone else getting the feeling yet that FSG have pulled another rabbit?

Reason being, the stuff I’ve read about Arne and the comments from those who have worked with him or for him have all been positive,
    The way he ‘Coaches’ and tries to get the absolute best out of every player, and if they're slightly under what he expects from them he’ll work with them to get it right, his attention to detail is said to be the best it can possibly be,
    He’s tactically astute and has ways and means to get around or over certain hurdles.....
    He’s big on developing young talent so we know he has a conveyor belt of potential stars waiting for their chance,
    He’s good with handling the media and how careful he needs to be on what he says, and he’s a very likeable character, has a rapport with his players and likes to “let his hair down “ socially,

Of course what he won’t be used to is the expectancy levels that he hadn’t experienced in Dutch football, the only box it seems unticked, he’ll get used to it I expect.....

I’ve become more confident after reading & hearing how the fella goes about his business, from saying ‘ Arne ’ who ? a few weeks ago to, I like this guy, is encouraging, lets say it another way, FSG have a decent enough record for getting things right , they might have done it again..!!

The more I see of The Slotmeister, the more I like. I did keep a small eye on Feyenoord over the last few years (I like PSV Eindoven) and liked their brand of football....
    Watched both of their CL games in the group stages against Celtic last year, and was impressed with their organisation all over the pitch.
    Very optimistic for some nice football being played by our boys next season, and also looking forward to Arne's interviews. He's got the charisma to follow on from Herr Klopp in many ways....
    Very likeable.....

YNWA
    Last edited by justincredible; 30th May 2024 at 08:18 AM.