Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Newcastle v Liverpool

I think it's a harsh red for Van Dijk but doubt it'll get rescinded.
    The yellow for Trent is ridiculous, how's that not a foul to begin with? Also just watched City there, where's Walkers yellow for booting the advertising boards twice after his cock up? Is that not dissent? Might not be directly at the ref but surely just as bad as tossing the ball away?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    The red wasn't for the tackle, it was for stopping a clear goal chance. Which is BS, cos the guy never had the ball under control.....
    I agree it was a very harsh red card. Football laws have made the game too soft. It must be very hard for defensive players now.
    From the refs perspective isak was going through on goal if virgil doesn't kick through him. Whether he controls it or not, who knows? I can see why it was given, with these new laws.

My concern was how virgil actually dealt with it. He was out of position from his man and then instead of running with him (like he would have 2 years ago) he goes through him. It was very rash.

The refs have started this season with very little leniency so I wasnt surprised it was a red.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I think it's a harsh red for Van Dijk but doubt it'll get rescinded.
    The yellow for Trent is ridiculous, how's that not a foul to begin with? Also just watched City there, where's Walkers yellow for booting the advertising boards twice after his cock up? Is that not dissent? Might not be directly at the ref but surely just as bad as tossing the ball away?
    Ya it was 100% a foul on trent. But again, once the ref didn't give the foul, trent throwing the ball is dissent and is a yellow these days.

But what is also a yellow is when ayers ask for anotbet ayer to be carded. How many Newcastle players asked the ref to card trent and none of them got a yellow. The ref lost it in the 1st 20mins and was inconsistent. Trent should have walked really having already been booked for the ball throw. But I bet the ref knew he messed up with the 1st yellow so didn't give him the 2nd one.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Ya it was 100% a foul on trent. But again, once the ref didn't give the foul, trent throwing the ball is dissent and is a yellow these days.

But what is also a yellow is when ayers ask for anotbet ayer to be carded. How many Newcastle players asked the ref to card trent and none of them got a yellow. The ref lost it in the 1st 20mins and was inconsistent. Trent should have walked really having already been booked for the ball throw. But I bet the ref knew he messed up with the 1st yellow so didn't give him the 2nd one.
    Yeah agree, the yellow seems to be if they mimic the card with their hand, Tripper was being a shithouse. That should still be a yellow for trying to influence the ref.
    He defo held back on the second one because he knew the first was so stupid to give. He tried to set his stall out but bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yeah agree, the yellow seems to be if they mimic the card with their hand, Tripper was being a shithouse. That should still be a yellow for trying to influence the ref.
    He defo held back on the second one because he knew the first was so stupid to give. He tried to set his stall out but bottled it.
    Yep he tried to stamp authority and then bottled out of it.

3rd game in and refs are still centre of attention. The standard is poor. We have had 2 sent off (questionably) in the 1st 3 games.

Yep three games in and we’ve been shafted by the officials in two of them, whereas Utd have been gifted 4 points already.

Nothing to see here … nope.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Mark Clattenburg has come out and said that he thinks it wasn't a red card for Virgil and also wasn't a second yellow for Trent.
    Don't think we will appeal though. Might lose Virgil for 4 or even more games if we did that.
    Two thinkgs i noticed about the game..after the red card Trent was super responsible, not only in not getting a second yellow, but also in his defending.
    Klopp got his tactics superbly right. Just staying in the game till 75 minutes and then when he decided to push up the last fifteen with a high press at the front and a high line at the back, he brought on Quansah, because of his speed, so we could deal with over the top breakaways, which would have been difficult with Matip's old legs.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Mark Clattenburg has come out and said that he thinks it wasn't a red card for Virgil and also wasn't a second yellow for Trent.
    Don't think we will appeal though. Might lose Virgil for 4 or even more games if we did that.
    Two thinkgs i noticed about the game..after the red card Trent was super responsible, not only in not getting a second yellow, but also in his defending.
    Klopp got his tactics superbly right. Just staying in the game till 75 minutes and then when he decided to push up the last fifteen with a high press at the front and a high line at the back, he brought on Quansah, because of his speed, so we could deal with over the top breakaways, which would have been difficult with Matip's old legs.
    Klopp was brilliant. Love how he spoke about the result as well. It shows he is up to it with his new group. He is ready for something. I think he has seen he has a group that is up for it.

Ye of no faith!
    This season will be a season of attack, attack and attack
    Ok sometimes defend but we are not good at that
    Hi all!