Page 118 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1868108111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I get that, but there's a lot of scaremongering going on too. I don't believe that ALL these deaths are due to the virus. They put Eddie Large's death down to it, when he was already in hospital because of a weak heart. They are saying that the over 70s are more vulnerable. well at that age, they are more vulnerable to get most things not just a virus. I don't trust anything that the government does and never have.
    That may be true but it also may be true that some of the deaths happening ( in care homes for example) are put down to something other than Coronavirus whereas it may actually have been due to the virus.

That's not what i'm saying about the older people.
    You said older people are more vulnerable, of course they are, doesn't mean they shouldn't count any Covid deaths for people who die over a certain age. Same with Eddie large or anyone who goes into hospital for a separate serious illness, you can't assume they were going to die anyway.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    The yanks are outbidding everyone, even coming in and offering more for orders that have already been agreed for other countries.
    I hope they don't do something similar with trying to buy in medical staff such as those from India and Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    You said older people are more vulnerable, of course they are, doesn't mean they shouldn't count any Covid deaths for people who die over a certain age. Same with Eddie large or anyone who goes into hospital for a separate serious illness, you can't assume they were going to die anyway.
    Where in my comments have I said the older people don't count. What I said was, while this virus is around, it is easy to put it down to that when it could be something completely different that they died from. That's why I mentioned Eddie Large, who was already very ill.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Where in my comments have I said the older people don't count. What I said was, while this virus is around, it is easy to put it down to that when it could be something completely different that they died from. That's why I mentioned Eddie Large, who was already very ill.
    From the governments official figures, which I tend to believe, everyone that died had Covid19. If medical professionals are saying that was the cause of death I'm not going to dispute that. Of course some will.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I'm not sure if all the countries are counting the same way but I'm interested to see how Sweden get on not going into lockdown, Japan too seem only in partial lockdown. And mighty America with it's health care system, a virus looks like the best way to bring Uncle Sam to his knees. Thank god for the NHS.

In other news....UEGA have lifted the televised 3pm kickoff ban in the UK.
    Planning ahead for behind closed doors games maybe?

Also Belgium FA have asked for permission to end their league. Mignolet will get a title winners medal before any other LFC player.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I'm not sure if all the countries are counting the same way but I'm interested to see how Sweden get on not going into lockdown, Japan too seem only in partial lockdown. And mighty America with it's health care system, a virus looks like the best way to bring Uncle Sam to his knees. Thank god for the NHS.
    Yeah it'll be very interesting in a year or so when all the data gets analysed....
    How will Sweden do?, as here the government got destroyed when floating the herd immunity idea.
    Germany, their deaths curve is very similar to ours yet they've tested shitloads more than us.
    ..and the whole face mask theory, Asian countries do seem to have lower numbers than the west but the experts here say face masks in public are a waste of time.
    South Korea certainly seem to be the ones that have handled this the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Also Belgium FA have asked for permission to end their league. Mignolet will get a title winners medal before any other LFC player.
    I think Belgium have completed 29 of the 30 games that make up their League.