Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Another part of NostradameX's plan is in place!
    Nostra dumb ass

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Nostra dumb ass
    Nasty that like.

Very tough result to take v spurs. Shape all wrong, sadly & predictably.
    (See your team v spurs thread)

Its the 11th hour in the PL and we need a minor miracle now.

1 cup in the bag, 2 finals to win, outside shot at the league.

We needed a miracle anyway. As r long as there is some uncertainty, it is still possible

score 2/3 tomorrow and Man-city lose a game. the GD will be level with 2 games left. If you need an hatful Saints are the kinda team you'd hope for. saying that.. I can't see it happen
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just try and win each next game, a scrappy 1-0 against Villa would be brilliant, they can still lose a game, they are the masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, we should never lose sight of that

As Justme says, if it's still there to potentially win and we do need goals, Southampton is where we might try and go for it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Diaz, Walker and Stones are all out of City's remaining games, Laporte is THE player teams who have taken points off them have had great success in going after with their high block with intermittent press tactic, the press aspect usually coming when the ball to Laporte isn't the best, maybe a little slow, or underhit, or hit slightly behind him and he half turns to collect it, THEN they go as he wants a little too much time too often

I think it has worked for those teams so successfully, because they mostly let them play it between the CBs and Rodri, high blocking without pressing and stopping Rodri bringing it forward or passing it forward for the most part, seeming like they have no interest in going after either CB or pressing aggressively, then when that slightly lazy pass is played, whooooosh they go

As we found out ,West Ham away isn't the easiest of places to go too.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    As we found out ,West Ham away isn't the easiest of places to go too.
    Rodri doesn't make the mistakes Fabinho does in getting ahead of players he shouldn't, and even if he did, any single one of their other players would bring that player down with a tactical foul without any hesitation and not get a yellow card for it, if a West Ham player fouls Ederson like they fouled Alisson it's a free kick, well, because it's a foul any other day of the week against any other team that doesn't begin with L and end in iverpool

Still, not having 3 of their defenders if teams set up the right way and actually act professionally and try as hard as they do against us week in week out and they could come unstuck

Brighton....Watford.....Leeds.....Newcastle..

17 far King goals let in ......that's just shocking...
    Over a season positions seem to generally be decided on goal difference.