Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 691011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Good performance

Diaz and Jota both struggled to make any impact on their right, we really need to find a Mane type for LFWD who has that pace, pace off the mark, strength, persistence, beligearance, determination and quality, post Covid Mane was comfortably better than both and racked up more goals and assists than both combined

Press and counter press and collective positioning was better than it's been for a while, went downhill a bit when Jones and Jota came off, Gravenberch look more likely to create and make things happen than Jones but his pressing and counter pressing and positioning in it still needs work

Nunez all round game continuing to improve needs to finish at least 1 of his 3 chances today, but overall his finishing has also improved this season

I don't have any issues with Macca, he's much better there than Fab ever was, i would like to see Andre added in January to bolster that position further and allow us to use Mac further forward in some games. Also like to see Mac get a look in on edge of the area free kicks, i'm pretty sure that's the specific area he's good from

Hope Big Bear's ok, he's more responsible for the number of points we have thus far than any other player
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

19, what have you seen in Andre that I haven’t?

Doesn’t look strong enough,quick, enough or a good enough reader of the game to me

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Good performance

Diaz and Jota both struggled to make any impact on their right, we really need to find a Mane type for LFWD who has that pace, pace off the mark, strength, persistence, beligearance, determination and quality, post Covid Mane was comfortably better than both and racked up more goals and assists than both combined

Press and counter press and collective positioning was better than it's been for a while, went downhill a bit when Jones and Jota came off, Gravenberch look more likely to create and make things happen than Jones but his pressing and counter pressing and positioning in it still needs work

Nunez all round game continuing to improve needs to finish at least 1 of his 3 chances today, but overall his finishing has also improved this season

I don't have any issues with Macca, he's much better there than Fab ever was, i would like to see Andre added in January to bolster that position further and allow us to use Mac further forward in some games. Also like to see Mac get a look in on edge of the area free kicks, i'm pretty sure that's the specific area he's good from

Hope Big Bear's ok, he's more responsible for the number of points we have thus far than any other player
    Sadio Mane was one of a kind. So dangerous on both feet. Could take on a man inside outside. Burst of pace. Physical. He was in my view our best attacker.

if we are gonna challenge for the league we need to improve out away form..only won 2 out of 7..But good results mind.. been away to Chelsea/Man-City/Brighton and Newcastle. only loss to Spurs and that game was rigged from the first whistle
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Good performance

Jota has better goal-or-assist per minute stats that Sadio at LWF for LFC.
    Sadio was here longer, so he has more goals & assists.

Think sadio had a lot more to his game, to be honest.

Every now and again had the go missing curse though, but as does salah.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Sadio is a lfc legend. That night in Munich, Wow.

Semi final of the fa-cup against City. he won us that game... Theres talk of him and Salah never getting on.. Just shows what true professionals both players were. they put the club first,over there differences

haaa love the bit at the end with Darwin and Pep

Good result tbf…defensively we were dogged and determined and rode our luck, so on reflection “ all things considered… Not too bad “ ( quote # Bill Bailey :-) )

However, our attacking players Salah, Nunez, Jota, Jones, Dom S have all had better games, and so like Klopp said if we have been more clinical in front of goal, and composed with our final ball, the opportunities we did manage to create might have allowed us to really bloody their nose…

Hopefully our players see this performance and result as a massive positive and gain sufficient confidence from it to get our attacking rhythym back and start playing with a bit more fluidity and belief…starting on Thursday against Lask at Anfield …