Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the world News

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Not exactly - I think choices were made and events took place that drove him to these awful actions. That I would consider something going wrong.
    I agree this fella turning up in a frenzy to kill, scar and terrify the public is something going wrong. It's a problem that's not easily resolved.

I just disagree that: Something must have gone horribly wrong in this guy's life to lead him down this path.

Quite likely this fella thinks he was like those Brits landing on the beaches for the greater good. Not that he'd see them as morally similar, as in his eyes the UK, its history and people as an evil enemy.

I don't know enough about this dude, but I'll just assume what you say is true.

I think the disagreement comes from us using "wrong" in two different ways. In this thread I've used it to sometimes characterise something happening that alters a person's mind in a way that lets them do things you and I consider awful or just generally "fucks them up" and sometimes to describe what is deviation from a morally correct action, according the whatever values you and I share.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

He was living where I live 10 mins walk away, crazy

Walked past, they're searching house and all that jazz.

Now they're saying some of the brave Londoners who tackled the terrorist were prisoners on day release.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Quite likely this fella thinks he was like those Brits landing on the beaches for the greater good. Not that he'd see them as morally similar, as in his eyes the UK, its history and people as an evil enemy.
    If that was the case, why was he living here? One of my arguments for Brexit hs been that people such as this should be deported.
    TBH I think our government is too soft on proven terrorists, and unlikely to change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Now they're saying some of the brave Londoners who tackled the terrorist were prisoners on day release.
    Fair play to them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The gentleman who was killed was one of two people killed by 28-year-old Usman Khan who launched the attack at a Cambridge University conference on prisoner rehabilitation.

Rehabilitation and left leaning policies do not work when it comes to both stopping and punishing people like these and criminals in general. Firstly stop as many nutters/criminals as possible from entering the country, and secondly punish criminals adequately i.e. 'permanent removal from society' (one way or the other) for serious/repeat offenders, whilst other criminals should be incarcerated in a harsh/non comfortable enviroment i.e. basic meals, no tv or leisure activities, only educational and 'human/personal growth' activities.

Why the fuck was he allowed to live in my town, and come shopping where I work?

Baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why the fuck was he allowed to live in my town, and come shopping where I work?

Baffling
    They were probably trying to bring a better of class of people to the area 😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The gentleman who was killed was one of two people killed by 28-year-old Usman Khan who launched the attack at a Cambridge University conference on prisoner rehabilitation.

Rehabilitation and left leaning policies do not work when it comes to both stopping and punishing people like these and criminals in general. Firstly stop as many nutters/criminals as possible from entering the country, and secondly punish criminals adequately i.e. 'permanent removal from society' (one way or the other) for serious/repeat offenders, whilst other criminals should be incarcerated in a harsh/non comfortable enviroment i.e. basic meals, no tv or leisure activities, only educational and 'human/personal growth' activities.
    If i am reading your post correctly i'd say whichever Government comes to power in the GE the Death Penalty needs to be re-visited and voted on.
    Re-habilitation isn't working and for the most part is only in place for all the bleeding hearts out there in society that cannot face the Fact that many Murderers or Terrorists are beyond the re-hab process.