Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Napoli v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Ramsay is 18. Realistically, we can't take Trent out and play Ramsay for a run of games. We could with Neco. We can with Tsimi and Robbo (but don't)
    I think Ramsay will be much better than Neco. Just have to get him up to speed and into the team. He likes to get forward too, but obviously not like Trent. But basic defending I think he is excellent.
    Neco, much as I liked the lad, he was always making bad decisions, turning into trouble, playing with only one foot etc,

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I was the first on the forum to say he/trent was world class. Bali argued it was too early.

He's playing like a bum at the minute.
    He is, but the whole team are too
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think Ramsay will be much better than Neco. Just have to get him up to speed and into the team. He likes to get forward too, but obviously not like Trent. But basic defending I think he is excellent.
    Neco, much as I liked the lad, he was always making bad decisions, turning into trouble, playing with only one foot etc,
    He might well be. But at the moment, he's 19 - no PL experience. I get that we need to build for the future but we have no way of knowing if he will sink or swim, especially coming into a team that looks at bad as we do at the moment.

I have no confidence in Gomez playing Rb. I never have.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Think Trent brings more to the side offensively than he takes away from his defensive lapses.

He needs a bit of help. To be fair all of the back 4 do at the moment.

Everyone charges forward and there is absolutely zero cover. Both fullbacks have bombed forward as have the two outside midfielders and Fab is trying to pinch the ball on the edge of the oppo's 18 yard box.

Klopp should take some of the blame for this. Injuries have robbed him of player to play his prefered system but if you dont have the players to make the sytstem work - change it! Milner cant keep up with the speed of the play and Elliot isn't a midfielder.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Still amazed at the midfield we’ve left ourselves with this season. That was a shocker last night. Still baffled by it.

Henderson mopped up for Trent when he roamed forward. Since Henderson and Gini have gone we lack a robust midfield. It might be better to leave Trent in midfield now.

Agree since losing Gini - but Hendo didn't work at Old Trafford, and United were low on confidence and shite. It's clearly too much to expect playing away with Milner and Elliott in there regardless of whoe else joins in - Hendo or Fab. Elliott needs 2 experienced mids to get his confidence, and Milner needs a time machine.

Trent in midfield looks like a bad idea to me. He looks asleep.
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th September 2022 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The man has been spinning plates for 4 years straight. Had one glimmer of spending like an elite club after the Coutinho windfall and took us all the way to the top, FSG have had him trying to stay there on a relative pittance.

As I argued in 202”/21…too many players have played too many games without any proper rotation.

Boom and Bust
    Agree Steveo, we hoped this team was being made into a long run of years, but it peaked a couple years back and overachieved last year really.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Trent cant defend at the moment and we needs legs in midfield. Theres not reason you couldn't have started Milner at rightback and TAA in the middle. but Klopp never changes his way of thinking
    Wow milner at right back.

Once again, he is now officially Gary Neville in his final season.
    Weaker, slower and always that split sec late in the challenge.
    He should not be playing unless we're winning by a big margin or its vs a lower league team in carabao etc.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Wow milner at right back.

Once again, he is now officially Gary Neville in his final season.
    Weaker, slower and always that split sec late in the challenge.
    He should not be playing unless we're winning by a big margin or its vs a lower league team in carabao etc.
    He shouldn't be playing. But we had 5 players that would be ahead of him missing. Even if the 5 ahead of him were all world class and injured it would still be the same situation.

Thiago back in the side will make a huge difference.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side