Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cody Gakpo

Yet we lost because Nunez & Elliott lost possession ridiculously easily & needlessly both wanting too much time & telegraphing a pass that was never on to make

Agree with Steveo's assessment there. I hope he can turn it around,hope he has a big part in whats left. It would be nice to see him score some crucial goals for his confidence.
    He's just doing anything what's required though, he had absolutely zero positive impact yesterday. Danns must be thinking he's done something wrong, scored two against Saints and played well when he came in at Chelsea.
    Not a sniff since get the other young lads have all had time on the pitch.

I like Gakpo(he defo lacks a bit of pace)...But ultimately if all fit he's our 5th choice front man.....

Gakpo has one less goal than Diaz & hasn’t played as much

Diaz gets let off somehow when he’s actually worse, he gets so many minutes creates nothing doesn’t score or assist most of the time but runs around a lot doing some things that look good where it doesn’t count

Constantly takes too many touches, blocks our own players or gets in their way frequently too, Diaz is becoming Milan Baros

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with Steveo's assessment there. I hope he can turn it around,hope he has a big part in whats left. It would be nice to see him score some crucial goals for his confidence.
    He's just doing anything what's required though, he had absolutely zero positive impact yesterday. Danns must be thinking he's done something wrong, scored two against Saints and played well when he came in at Chelsea.
    Not a sniff since get the other young lads have all had time on the pitch.
    Danns has had an injury & is only just back

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Danns has had an injury & is only just back
    Even gravenberch would have been better but same situation, surprise bobby came on instead
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    I like Gakpo(he defo lacks a bit of pace)...But ultimately if all fit he's our 5th choice front man.....
    He was much better as a false 9 & when we played more directly because there were clear patterns of play to fit in to

I think he’s by no means our only player struggling to have the same impact since we’ve decided to massively overplay

For me we lost because of Gakpo. He killed the attack dead - should have killed the game with a simple direct quicker run and even after not doing that a simple simple pass - and beyond that he killed the middle. Dropping in getting in peoples way and slowing everything down.

Even these ott Gakpo fans saw it.

Want and need him to come good but right now - last choice on the list. They say he is 16 on the list I put Danns ahead of him right now too.

We lost because Nunez & Elliott both gave the ball away really fucking stupidly in ridiculous situations

Gakpo was no doubt asked to drop in to try and link so someone, probably Darwin was supposed to be staying up so there was someone to link with

From the amount of times we’ve fucked up counters exactly like that one since the overplaying started in 21-22 it’s looking like an agenda trying to blame Gakpo for one, Diaz & Darwin fuck them up constantly going too early, Darwin went too early on that one too leaving Gakpo having to change his intended pass at the very last and let’s be honest, had he played the perfect ball for Elliott he wouldn’t have scored, he only scores via deflections or a team having to change keepers

Even though he got his fluky deflected goal Elliott was shit when he came on it was a noticeable huge drop in intensity & quality when he replaced Szobo

In your heavily biased opinion. Elliot even scoring a goal. Be fair mate - I get that you are loyal to some players - not a bad thing but like with Hendo you sometimes refuse to be candid about them.

Elliott made a mistake - Endo just as culpable if we are honest. Why were we so exposed going for a last gasp corner? Many things we can look at but the fact is - the attack was goosed in ET and Gakpo had fresh legs. He was beyond poor.

Watch the Southampton game.. He is running in Treacle. Needs something - I don't know what. But Klopp made a huge cockup bringing him on.