Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool

waheyyyyy much needed win sadly was at work till 10!!

4th place here we come
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I want to catch Utd, pretty confident of catching Newcastle now, I’ve moved my goal posts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I want to catch Utd, pretty confident of catching Newcastle now, I’ve moved my goal posts
    Haha since newcastle have lost bruno for a while and other injury's they've been a bit shit

looking at this match thread, apart from the goals that was magic, we was pretty poor ?

who's been injured with collar bone?
    #FSGOUT

We were pretty good v 11, not so much against 10.
    Despite that, we should have scored 6, Jota who came on for just 30 minutes, should have had a hat trick.

Núñez hurt his shoulder.

We were pretty good v 11, not so much against 10.
    Despite that, we should have scored 6, Jota who came on for just 30 minutes, should have had a hat trick.

Núñez hurt his shoulder.
    Oh shit, at least bobbys back i guess
    #FSGOUT

Bobby’s cameo was typical Bobby. Was unbelievable for ten minutes, seemed intent on setting up the opposition to get back into the game for the next ten, anonymous then to the end.

Jota looks fit, pretty sharp, apart from his finishing, missed 3 good chances

Bobby’s cameo was typical Bobby. Was unbelievable for ten minutes, seemed intent on setting up the opposition to get back into the game for the next ten, anonymous then to the end.

Jota looks fit, pretty sharp, apart from his finishing, missed 3 good chances
    one day we'll have a fit team, thank you for the information mate.
    #FSGOUT

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    How can a team press so well against 11 then look so completely lost against 10? Klopp?
    The game ended up being a far more stressful watch than it should have been, but I think our experience and how we expected things to go versus Newcastle's naivety could show a bit, upon reflection.

Newcastle were 2-0 down, down to 10 and have their first Cup Final in forever on the Horizon. They should have been sitting in and trying to conserve energy and we should have casually knocked it around ourselves to prep for Real Madrid.

We largely did try to "rest on the ball" whereas Newcastle decided to throw the kitchen sink at it, rather than letting this one go and accepting they have points in the bag that we don't.

They ended the game dead on their feet and Joelinton off injured - what on Earth were they thinking? If I were a Newcastle fan, I wouldn't be hailing the spirit shown, I'd be pissed at the prospect of being weaker ahead of a first chance at silverware in years.

So as much as it was more stressful than it needed to be, I'm not so arsed at our players for losing focus provided we are at full concentration against Real Madrid.

Clean sheet, brilliant three points, try to score first (and early) at Anfield against and get the place rocking.

A huge win with stacks of positives, but still major concerns about our inability to show the slightest semblance of control, even against 10 men.

Obviously hoping Nunez is just a knock. He’s become an essential part of the team.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Am I asking too much for the club to scout and buy a proper 6?
    One who can read the game, intercept, tackle and generally disrupt opposition attacks but keep possession of the ball when he has it??? Am I.. asking too effin much??