Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2932333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Baldy bought Stones? and hes 50 million and doesn't even play ahead of Fernadinho in central defence.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    They are just making a mockery of the rules.

Ake could become the 14th defensive player bought during the Guardiola era at the Etihad and brings the total spent on those recruits up even more to £365.44million.

The rest are:

Zinchenko (LB) - £1.8m
    John Stones (CB) - £50.04m
    Pablo Mari (CB) - £180k
    Kyle Walker (RB) - £47.43m
    Danilo (RB) - £27m
    Benjamin Mendy (LB) - £51.75m
    Amyeric Laporte (CB) - £58.5m
    Phillipe Sander (CB) - £2.25m
    Ko Itakura (CB) - £990k
    Angelino (LB) - £10.8m
    Cancelo (RB) - £58.5m
    Pedro Porro (RB) - £10.8m
    Yan Couto (RB) £5.4m

Since Jurgen Klopp has been Liverpool boss, he has brought in a total of just four defenders permanently costing a total of £90.5million and more than half that amount accounts for just one of them.
    The key is how you move forward a player.

Pep turns £50m player into a £20m player .

Vvd £75m ... pre covid £120m
    Taa £100m
    Robbo £60m
    Gomez £30m
    Matip £25m

Net spend doesn't really have any value.

It's about how you invest and get returns on your investment.

Klopp has spent £400m
    Pep £1billion

That is a £600m difference

What is the increase in value on that investment.

Now that is very significant.

They are just making a mockery of the rules.

Ake could become the 14th defensive player bought during the Guardiola era at the Etihad and brings the total spent on those recruits up even more to £365.44million.

The rest are:

Zinchenko (LB) - £1.8m
    John Stones (CB) - £50.04m
    Pablo Mari (CB) - £180k
    Kyle Walker (RB) - £47.43m
    Danilo (RB) - £27m
    Benjamin Mendy (LB) - £51.75m
    Amyeric Laporte (CB) - £58.5m
    Phillipe Sander (CB) - £2.25m
    Ko Itakura (CB) - £990k
    Angelino (LB) - £10.8m
    Cancelo (RB) - £58.5m
    Pedro Porro (RB) - £10.8m
    Yan Couto (RB) £5.4m

Since Jurgen Klopp has been Liverpool boss, he has brought in a total of just four defenders permanently costing a total of £90.5million and more than half that amount accounts for just one of them.
    I keep having this is argument with a mate and would be happy to be put straight on the matter. As I understand it, their transfer fees are not an issue, so long as the owner stumps up the fees.
    They would be an issue if a loan was used for purchasing as servicing the loan is a part of running costs.
    But the purpose of FFP is to make sure the running costs are affordable, not the spending. If someone wants to spend their own money on a stadium that would be fine as it doesn’t affect running costs.

So it’s the players wages that is the issue. If they have a big figure for wages, which they do, they have to have an income to cover it in the event of the owners moving on by choice or otherwise. The reason is to protect the flub from bankruptcy in that event.

Their crime was lying about their income to allow them to pretend about their ability to pay all those wages. If their sponsorship deal is fake and in reality just the Arabs bankrolling them via the back door, it is unsustainable and illegal.

But the owners are allowed to spend as much as they like on transfer fees as that money just disappears and is irrelevant to the next owners.

Thing is Jurgen has to get it right, Pep doesn’t. He has bought several terrible defenders but just goes out spending ridiculous amounts til he gets it right and all without having to sell players, weakening his squad before buying to improve. Net spend is massively important. Pep didn’t have to sell Sterling or Siva to go and buy Ederson or Laporte. He keeps his best players and just keeps on spending.
    I’d like to see Pep at a club with a net spend of £16m a season and see what he wins then. He’s a great coach but he’s nowhere near the level of manager Klopp is.

It's a great way to "launder" money through a football club.

I remember a few years back when the first arabs were investing in sports.

A few things ;

1. It's an investment before the oil runs out.

2. It puts those oil arab states on the map as touristic places to go (golf , tennis)

3. It's like a fashion statement. A play toy. All the other money that goes with a club. Shirts, corporate, sponsorship.

And if sold City would now be valued at around £1billion +

2010 .... a £1. 🤣

Thing is Jurgen has to get it right, Pep doesn’t. He has bought several terrible defenders but just goes out spending ridiculous amounts til he gets it right and all without having to sell players, weakening his squad before buying to improve. Net spend is massively important. Pep didn’t have to sell Sterling or Siva to go and buy Ederson or Laporte. He keeps his best players and just keeps on spending.
    I’d like to see Pep at a club with a net spend of £16m a season and see what he wins then. He’s a great coach but he’s nowhere near the level of manager Klopp is.
    He didn't even buy De Bruyne /Sterling /Augero/Fernadinho . and they have been his main stay in the last 4 years..Fodden came through the youth I believe.. Jesus is a average forward..Only player I really rate of his sigings is Bernado Silva.. Mahrez was already one of the best players in the league.

pep hasn't signed a new contract yet. Hes waiting to see how much funds he will be allowed before he decides on the length of contract (in my opinion). So far the have Ake for 41 million. He would have loved Koulibaly. They may still end up with him. But no club should pay out 70+million on a 29 year old in this current market. lets see what happens there.. if he does go to city that will be 110 million on 2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    pep hasn't signed a new contract yet. Hes waiting to see how much funds he will be allowed before he decides on the length of contract (in my opinion). So far the have Ake for 41 million. He would have loved Koulibaly. They may still end up with him. But no club should pay out 70+million on a 29 year old in this current market. lets see what happens there.. if he does go to city that will be 110 million on 2 players.
    I honesy think that aguero getting old coupled with Kompany gone and a player I massively admire, David silva about to go and their already suspect spine means despite all the money they've spent they are still worse off than we are as thongs stand. We need to make sure we match their strengthening and by that I don't mean pound for pound. Just squad wise make sure we can compete. I think klopp has his eye on a class of 92 lite type of move forward

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I honesy think that aguero getting old coupled with Kompany gone and a player I massively admire, David silva about to go and their already suspect spine means despite all the money they've spent they are still worse off than we are as thongs stand. We need to make sure we match their strengthening and by that I don't mean pound for pound. Just squad wise make sure we can compete. I think klopp has his eye on a class of 92 lite type of move forward
    Yep I fully agree. I'll try to be brief with my views, but I definitely think they could be pants next season. I fully expect them to get a few drawers or even a fair amount of kicks in the unmentionables against teams they really should be beating. I can already see Pep getting his knickers in a twist.

As for our own version of the class of 92, well we already have a few talented players in the squad, whilst one or two others need a bit more time to develop what with being late bloomers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yep I fully agree. I'll try to be brief with my views, but I definitely think they could be pants next season. I fully expect them to get a few drawers or even a fair amount of kicks in the unmentionables against teams they really should be beating. I can already see Pep getting his knickers in a twist.

As for our own version of the class of 92, well we already have a few talented players in the squad, whilst one or two others need a bit more time to develop what with being late bloomers.
    I agree with our stance to a point in that we've proved over 2 seasons that our 13 or 14 regulars are good enough to amass over 90 points. And i love that we've managed to win the 2 biggest trophies in that time. We all had the feeling right or wrongly that by the end we were struggling. I genuinely think klopp rates a few of the younger lads which is great for our long term outlook. I have a few very close united friends that I consider to be beyond reproach when the general united lfc bullshit starts and they rely admire our team and structure but imo we need to make sure that this turbo charged bunch of lads are supplemented with a couple if more hungry guys.
    I'm so impressed with what naby has done in the last few weeks that I think klopp has been thinking of this all along. Just when you see other teams splashing the cash you panic. Like look at fabinho We bought him when we had already signed 1 or 2 and for a position thst we seemed stacked in
    But when you think about it we are sorted in dm for a while even after henderson and milners time. And by most accounts even other fans we are yet to see the best of either fab or naby. I think we have a genius manager on our hands. We need to make sure we take full advantage of it.