Page 113 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Nah, better to finish the games we have left and win it '100% properly'.....

As long as it isn't voided I don't really care, 'cause it won't be a genuine run of games behind closed doors either.

Playing behind closed doors could certainly produce some unexpected results.
    What are players doing at the moment to keep match-fit?
    Is there any kind of team-training going on?
    What actual on-field team-training would be allowed before the closed door matches.
    Would spitting be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Playing behind closed doors could certainly produce some unexpected results.
    What are players doing at the moment to keep match-fit?
    Is there any kind of team-training going on?
    What actual on-field team-training would be allowed before the closed door matches.
    Would spitting be banned?
    All our players are training at home.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    All our players are training at home.
    They've been doing Joe Wicks P.E on YouTube I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    They've been doing Joe Wicks P.E on YouTube I think.
    Exactly. I do not think we will be a fine-tuned machine. Same for all the other clubs but anything could happen results-wise. I mentioned the spitting because all players seem to participate in this (not at players but just spitting periodically on the pitch). Also shouting at the ref (or other players) at close quarters generates spittle.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Exactly. I do not think we will be a fine-tuned machine. Same for all the other clubs but anything could happen results-wise. I mentioned the spitting because all players seem to participate in this (not at players but just spitting periodically on the pitch). Also shouting at the ref (or other players) at close quarters generates spittle.
    I think players will be given at least 2 weeks to be able to train together prior to any resumption, if all people who would be necessary for training to take place have been in isolation for this long and not developed symptoms it's a safe bet they don't have Corona and aren't likely to give it to one another. They should be safe to train now as long as they stick to all the isolation protocols when they're going home after it. If everybody had applied the common sense and self restraint to do those things in the first place we wouldn't currently be in this situation
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

My worry is if one team has a few players go down with the virus; will that suspend the season again ?

I see Pepe Reina had it. Seemed quite serious.

That's why they want to hold a world cup style base camp format.

Test everyone, everyday and no contact with outside friends or family for a few weeks. I see they have a test that can give results in 90 minutes now so it is feasible................once they deem it safe to do so of course, certainly not anytime soon.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I don't know why we cant just play the final 4weeks in the like of Iceland they have a low population..Just need to keep the players/teams isolated for that amount of time
    I just get the feeling the likes of West-ham and other shit fks will conspire to deny us the league Saying that even if the season is ended we should be awarded the title. Somehow got an horrible feeling
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century