Page 189 of 659 FirstFirst ... 89139179182183184185186187188189190191192193194195196199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Possibly ONLY with VVD and Alisson - so the "time and time again" is JUST about true but the inference is that we do it regularly which is beyond wide of the mark.

It must also be stressed that in both "time and time again"s we needed to offload one of our best assets to do so
    Well said..

Chelsea agreed a deal to sign Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen yesterday, according to Sky in Germany.

The deal is worth £89m.

Wonder if he'll be worth having in the fantasy footie team? got werner.

It'll take a while until they're all on the same wavelength but a front 4 of Werner Ziyech Havertz and Pulisic will cause a lot of problems for the opposition

Are people really expecting us to make new signings?

The comment that Klopp will be backed "as best we can" doesn't fill me with confidence.

It seems we won't be sending players out on loan, it will be sell or stay and so it depends on who we sell first, and I don't mean for the money, but for the places.

Like Clyne has gone and in comes Neco Williams, Lallana has gone but in comes Curtis Jones. Lovren has gone and it looks like Nat Phillips will leave too so maybe we are short at centre back unless Fabinho fills in and so we keep Grujic. And if Shaqiri leaves maybe we keep Wilson.

Most assume Grujic and Wilson will leave but if they are not being loaned then we need a buyer - unless we sell cut price on deadline day just for a bit of excitement. Anyway first out the door would surely be Karius, and Larouci now that we've got Tsimikas.

I reckon we are in for a big summer in 2021 mind.

I thought Larouci already left, apparently not!, I know leeds/brentford was interested apparently.

"big summer 2021" - yes probably quite a few changes, because I can see at least 1 big player leaving- but FSG will be happy, that's the transfer fund for that window.

I don't think Neco would be good enough to cover a long term injury to TAA, but gomez can play there also.

Same with Wilson he couldn't start for bournemouth... and they got relegated :/

Grujic I'd like to see more of though.

I get the current climate, but if some other "smaller" clubs can splash out, I don't understand why we can only "break even" once again, even when times was better we've not exactly had a load of money, only from players sales.

Really is a miracle what Klopp has done under these owners

On average over 5 years I believe from my "sources" (lol) we've spent £18.5 M a season (net spend)

Brighton have invested more https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons amongst a lot of others could be wrong or w/e I don't know

If it wasn't for Klopp&transfer team we'd be fighting for top 4
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd September 2020 at 01:18 PM.

If we sign no one, man city can't win the league with Messi, klopp would be the world best

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Possibly ONLY with VVD and Alisson - so the "time and time again" is JUST about true but the inference is that we do it regularly which is beyond wide of the mark.

It must also be stressed that in both "time and time again"s we needed to offload one of our best assets to do so
    We paid 40m for Oxo, 50-70 for Keita, Lovren and Lallana were both overpriced, Firmino for 30m was considered crazy at least by some here in Germany and iirc by a few in England as well...

It's not wide of the mark at all.

We do sell players to fund some of these, that much is true.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 3rd September 2020 at 01:19 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    It'll take a while until they're all on the same wavelength but a front 4 of Werner Ziyech Havertz and Pulisic will cause a lot of problems for the opposition
    Will be exciting to watch, Pulisic will miss start of the season, but yeah that's some attack they've invested in.

Exciting times for EPL

Clubs are still getting better, it will be the best league in the world if it isn't now in 8 days is it? or 9

Especially if messi comes

At least we've got Big origi and wilson to cover us if any of our star players get injured, and maybe grujic is going to be made into a CB? save that money!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd September 2020 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    We paid 40m for Oxo, 50-70 for Keita, Lovren and Lallana were both overpriced, Firmino for 30m was considered crazy at least by some here in Germany and iirc by a few in England as well...

It's not wide of the mark at all.

We do sell players to fund some of these, that much is true.
    Prior to winning the European cup and Premier league yes. The "we're skint" mantra is frankly insulting. Every club has bills to play,staff etc.
    That documentary the other night more IR less said the club went downhill when we stopped adding quality to a winning squad.
    FSG have currently not done this for two years. If it doesn't happen this season that will be 3 years.
    If we cant add more quality without selling some family silver after back to back majors we never will.
    I like a lot of what FSG have done, they've turned the club around but a lot of it has turned out pure luck too. Trent,Robbo and Gomez all coming good alongside a player who'll go down as the premier league's best centre back was not design and it saved them a mint.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post

I reckon we are in for a big summer in 2021 mind.
    Yeah that's when we get Mbappe on a free

I'd say a crap Neco Williams is better than an injured Clyne. Same as Wilson for an injured Shaqiri.

I don't know why Bournemouth stopped playing Wilson as they slid to their doom but they would have been relegated a lot sooner without his goals.