Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Immense Pride

Well, we have a final left to play, let's fucking win it, after the league disappointment for the lads and Salah being nobbled in last years final, we've been absolutely immense this season, brilliant, let's go to Madrid and damned well make sure we have something to show for it.

We have been absolutely exemplary this season, teams worked out how to try and frustrate us at the back end of last season and they worked very hard at doing it in every single game we played this season, from the very start, to continually win that many games and reach the Champions League final, having had to deal with that from the very start of the season was absolutely incredible, but again, let's make sure we win in Madrid and have something to show for it.

Regarding the league, we just ran out of games, City had it easy comparatively, teams didn't set up properly and organised enough to frustrate them, wear them down by them having to do it and struggling to do it every game of the season until the last 12 games, excluding Brighton who had 3 of their players out on the piss for 3 night's running in their build up to yesterdays game. yet City were cracking, they were really struggling by the end, just scraping 1-0 wins and had 2 or 3 teams missed gilt edged chances to take a point or all three,we just ran out of games. I expect it to be a lot tougher for City next season, I don't think they'll get through two thirds of next season until teams finally get their act together and start making it really tough for them to create and score chances, I expect it to start from the beginning and even more so after we batter them in the Community shield.

We do need to strengthen with 3 or 4 top quality players, and we need to bring the CHampions League trophy back from Madrid with us, we should be set up to be even better, a year older and wiser and better prepared from the start of next season, we're used to having to fight for everything single point in every game, we've done it all this season, so we should be better prepared to deal with it again over an entire season than City
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

For anyone who missed because knob Sky put City on both channels after the game

It’s hard to watch him at the start to be honest. So tough to take because there really should be celebration at an utterly outstanding achievement yet he is understandably almost crushed.

As he said it’s important to feel that disappointment to help spur us on to future success BUT in truth - it was as big a success as could realistically be expected in the circumstances, just one that criminally goes unrewarded.

The cruel reality that Klopp and the boys get nothing to show for their unbelievable work & 97 sodding points - off the back of last seasons CL final disappointment and while reaching another CL final... is absolutely sickening..!

I think they would have needed picking up off the floor yesterday if it wasn't for the result on Tuesday.

....and if we're being totally honest, given the choice the vast majority of our players would rather win the CL anyway. Probably only Robbo and Henderson would pick the PL, even Milner would probably rather the CL than another PL medal.

Doubt 97 points will ever be beaten by a non juiced up squad, not that Uefa give a fuck about that though.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Regarding the league, we just ran out of games, City had it easy comparatively, teams didn't set up properly and organised enough to frustrate them, wear them down by them having to do it and struggling to do it every game of the season until the last 12 games, excluding Brighton who had 3 of their players out on the piss for 3 night's running in their build up to yesterdays game. yet City were cracking, they were really struggling by the end, just scraping 1-0 wins and had 2 or 3 teams missed gilt edged chances to take a point or all three,we just ran out of games. I expect it to be a lot tougher for City next season, I don't think they'll get through two thirds of next season until teams finally get their act together and start making it really tough for them to create and score chances, I expect it to start from the beginning and even more so after we batter them in the Community shield.
    Hi 19, out of interest how can we end up in the Charity Shield? Even if City beat Watford, is it not a City/Watford Charity Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    Hi 19, out of interest how can we end up in the Charity Shield? Even if City beat Watford, is it not a City/Watford Charity Shield?
    I think it's always been the league runners up in the Charity Shield when a team has done the double the previous season hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    I think it's always been the league runners up in the Charity Shield when a team has done the double the previous season hasn't it?
    Oh really? God, that passed me by throughout the glory days of the 80s. Ah well then, yes - that will be a silver lining if Watford don't beat them

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    Oh really? God, that passed me by throughout the glory days of the 80s. Ah well then, yes - that will be a silver lining if Watford don't beat them
    There was only one double in the 80's, and if memory serves me correctly Everton finished as runners up in both the league and the cup in 86 - so it was always going to be us vs them in the Charity Shield!

Correct, if a team does the double the team who finished second in the league is in the Charity shield