Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v RB Leipzig (CL Match Thread)

Where can I see extended highlights of this on my phone later. Fecking working nights sucks balls. Delighted to hear of a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Where can I see extended highlights of this on my phone later. Fecking working nights sucks balls. Delighted to hear of a performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwv9IGSHrsY
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

i havent been well this evening but managed to watch the full game. We looked more fluid with Fab in the middle.
    The two centre backs did a decent job. Still a worry against better teams. But a much more positive result.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Solid performance with two actual centre backs, and a covering midfielder with Fabs class. Jota even back from Injury is a better option than Firm, especially with counter attacking play.

fab makes a huge difference. said it on sunday when he came on he provided presence in the middle.

just play him there from now on and once hendo is back we should look even better.

the front 3 are a real concern though. just not clinical enough. really need jota to find match fitness quick as he is key.

can’t see us winning it but if we can hit form at the right time and hopefully virgil comes back, who knows.

it would be beautiful though. big two fingers up at the idiots who mocked us.

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    They mock themselves, including pundits, commentators and English officials, having cheap shots at a brilliant side when they're missing so many keys players, through injury or having to play them at CB and haven't been able to play anything resembling a settled side all season

Cracks me up when Ferdinand goes on about retaining the title, that side gave away a lot of chances him and Vidic had to bail them out with, they'd have been a disaster with all their senior CBs out for the entire seasonand Carrick and Scholes having to play at CB for half of it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    fab makes a huge difference. said it on sunday when he came on he provided presence in the middle.

just play him there from now on and once hendo is back we should look even better.

the front 3 are a real concern though. just not clinical enough. really need jota to find match fitness quick as he is key.

can’t see us winning it but if we can hit form at the right time and hopefully virgil comes back, who knows.

Totally agree regarding the front 3. As good as I think Salah is he misses so many.
    Give Haaland those chances we had last night and that game is won at a canter. We really should be moving heaven and earth to bring him in, like someone said yesterday I'd take it even if it meant him being our only summer signing. Without doubt the most clinical finisher in the world at the moment.

Watching the game now. It is so clear we are better without Firmino.

Secondly Fabinho is one of the best number 6 in world football. His presence lifted everyone's game and bolstered the setup. Thiago and Gini looked awesome not having to be the main defensive midfielder.

Agreed. Bobby needs a rest. He is class though and we will need him. He can be very effective coming on for any of the front 3 to change things in games. I have no doubt he will find his form again.

We do also need to remember that it is much easier when 2 goals up in a 2 legged tie, when you want teams to come at you.

Let’s see how it pans out against the Wolves.

We still need a monster up front and a monster at the back