Page 50 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4043444546474849505152535455565760100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

With about 25% of the premier league fixtures possibly not being fulfilled does anyone know what happens with the 100s of millions of subscribers to live premier eague football. Do the TV companies have to make a partial refund and are they in turn entitled to a partial refund from thr premier league clubs ?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    With about 25% of the premier league fixtures possibly not being fulfilled does anyone know what happens with the 100s of millions of subscribers to live premier eague football. Do the TV companies have to make a partial refund and are they in turn entitled to a partial refund from thr premier league clubs ?
    That's something that's been mentioned in the press. Same as the likes of Sky,BT etc wanting their money back from all the clubs who have no doubt spent it all on running costs,transfers etc.
    A void season will 100% be the last thing they want which makes what Brady said more fucking stupid. Shes speaking from her own house, she should have kept her mouth shut.

At this moment in time they are banking on the fixtures being played - even if the season has to run to September - so no refunds.. This is what I have been told by both BT and Sky employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don’t you mean the western media haven’t been going on about Russia? The bogeyman... the usual go to - blame it all on them nonsense that is hoovered up by so many want to be believers.

It isn’t really something Russia can be blamed for - although I am sure if there is an angle it will be used.
    The Chess Candidates' tournament is going ahead in Yekaterininburg. Could be one of the very few major sporting events not cancelled.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Is it being televised?

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    The Chess Candidates' tournament is going ahead in Yekaterininburg. Could be one of the very few major sporting events not cancelled.
    I guess Chess has in-built social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That's something that's been mentioned in the press. Same as the likes of Sky,BT etc wanting their money back from all the clubs who have no doubt spent it all on running costs,transfers etc.
    A void season will 100% be the last thing they want which makes what Brady said more fucking stupid. Shes speaking from her own house, she should have kept her mouth shut.
    What about Sky customers? They charge a bloody fortune and I'd be pissed off not having what I paid near £100 a month for.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Don’t you mean the western media haven’t been going on about Russia? The bogeyman... the usual go to - blame it all on them nonsense that is hoovered up by so many want to be believers.

It isn’t really something Russia can be blamed for - although I am sure if there is an angle it will be used.
    I wasn't looking to blame the Russians, just there dosent seem to be a problem with the virus over there.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I wasn't looking to blame the Russians, just there dosent seem to be a problem with the virus over there.
    I know mate - I was just suggesting that IF there is any way to possibly blame them it will surface no matter how tentative that may be.

I am still amazed Russia hasn’t taken the rap for Climate Change...

However - a viewing of Pilger’s “The Coming War On China” is an eye opener and gives much credence to what 19 is alluding to.

Pilger is a legend - the only one telling the truth