Page 29 of 659 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829303132333435363979129529 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

On signing players Liverpool look at the ages and mental mindset as well as of course the technical brain and data analysis.

The right age of 22 to 24 to
    Potential growth, potential transfer , and the ability to improve over the next 5 years.

Yet Suarez was 26/27 that worked out brilliant for him
    Modric also 26/27
    Zidane 29yo at €75m in 2001 (?)

On Mbappe he ticks so many boxes.
    Age, technique, mindset.

But the transfer and wages just dont fit the model at Liverpool.

Mbappe will go into his last year. And I suppose PSG will either sell him , if they arent so stubborn, or they'll say ok fine give us 1 more season.

If Mbappe wants to move then he wont sign a new contract.

Only 1 club can afford him; that is Man City with their director of sport/ Recruitment doubling up as the lead chef in the kitchen.

Mbappé wants Real Madrid .

And probably the only club that can afford him....

In that he will make it financially easier for Real to sign him .

And that Real Madrid players accept the disparity in wages.

And to be a galactico

The future of Real is in transition; Vinicius and Rodrygo and Mbappe

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I cannot see any new signings or new contracts being considered without any club having been able to fully realise the financial and social implications of this virus. Maybe players will be cheaper. Maybe their wages will be more as a result of cheaper transfers but maybe less. Perhaps there may be a certain percentage of 'pay as you play'.
    What is the true cost of this virus to football clubs (and the whole structure needs to be considered down to grass roots).
    The TV deals will surely change. Travel implications too and insurance. Fans may be unwilling or unable to afford subscriptions or match attendance as they once did.
    I do not see a return to the previous status quo - certainly not within the next few years.
    Let's say we get back to some normality in June / July.
    Clubs finish the season
    Then the new season starts in August
    And supporters start coming back into the stadium. Maybe it will be 50% full for some kind of distancing and big health security checks.

Then step by step we get things going again.

Stage1 stage2 stage3 etc

Small steps to get us back

Economically Socially Responsibly Healthily

An estimated £1.6bn has been wiped off the value of Premier League squads because of the coronavirus crisis, according to a football statistics website.

Transfermarkt calculates a player’s value using a variety of data and the aggregated estimates of site users.

It predicts a widespread drop in prices, with Manchester City suffering the biggest loss of around £225m.

The pattern is followed across football's other major leagues, with Transfermarkt estimating around £9bn has been wiped off the value of players globally.

1. MBAPPE €180M
    2. STERLING €128M
    4. Mane and Salah €120m

Willian eh?

I'd take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Willian eh?

I'd take him.
    I've just been reading that myself. I think that most on here have said over the last few years that they would take him myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I've just been reading that myself. I think that most on here have said over the last few years that they would take him myself included.
    Still 31, can score from outside the box, quite quick, decent fitness record, good work ethic. Shaqiri out, Willian in would make a fair bit of sense and likely a net improvement in our squad depth (the Cube is of little value if rarely fit) whilst likely making a small financial profit overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Still 31, can score from outside the box, quite quick, decent fitness record, good work ethic. Shaqiri out, Willian in would make a fair bit of sense and likely a net improvement in our squad depth (the Cube is of little value if rarely fit) whilst likely making a small financial profit overall.
    Shaqiri is a great little player when fit, just look at the Everton game early December. But his fitness was always a gamble. Curtis Jones seems to be making a claim for a place in the squad , I'd like to see more of him .

The big plus with Willian is hes readymade for the premiership and he's plenty of Brazilian mates at the club.

Always liked Willian but 32 in the summer and probably on more now than most of our squad. Can't see it myself, not on the wages he'd want.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."