Page 234 of 659 FirstFirst ... 134184224227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Sid's too good for 'em.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    But seriously - nice to see we can at least afford decent prospects which will at some point, if nothing else, make us money.
    Buying prospects is definitely something I want to see us do a lot more of, especially given our heavy emphasis on Sports Science and Data Analytics, coupled with the negotiation skills of Michael Edwards.

We'll not make a loss terribly often, the profits that can be made can be very rewarding and if a player is good enough to play for us after X amount of time at the Academy/loan spells it saves us a lot of cash on purchasing a squad player, with said saving being able to be utilised somewhere more important - such as wages that keep a top player here a bit longer, or acquiring more prospects on the cheap.

Sterling is an extreme example of this - bought for somewhere between £0.5m and £2m (can't remember!) and we go on to tell for £50m. If you're in a good places as a club (we're in a better spot now than when we sold Sterling, undoubtedly!) where you can actually identify and acquire other players, it's a very self-sustainable way of ensuring the future.

Harry Wilson was an Academy target, yes? And Grujic signed for £3m or so at one stage? If we sold both for £15m-£20m we make £30m-£40m for players we don't need and potentially buy a World-class midfielder with a few years left in his tank yet, or re-invest elsewhere. Can't say no to that - don't think you can rely on it indefinitely of course, but it's certainly a good branch of the Intelligent Recruitment tree to utilise where possible.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

The youngster I really want us to get is the young lad from Anderlecht, Jeremy Doku

That's it, boiz, the season is saved!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-liverpool-transfer-news-pitaluga-18926387.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Take that, Chelsea!!

But seriously - nice to see we can at least afford decent prospects which will at some point, if nothing else, make us money.
    Finally normally we pick up some good youngsters but even that has been slack.

That must be the 1m we're saving from wages.

Err, some (not super reliable) reports claim Mbappe has told PSG he wants to leave.

CC, what's the scoop, mate?? Must be RM if true, Shirley?
    He spent all of last season letting us know where he wants to be and that he wants out of PSG, unwilling to extend his contract, so nothing ground breaking imo.

A quick google and it seems most of the first results suggest its at the end of this season.
    Poor fucker is trapped at PSG.
    #FreeKylianMbappe - one for the kopites when they get back to games.

It's on!!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

From the Echo

Mohamed Salah was Liverpool's hat-trick hero in their 4-3 win over Leeds United but it's claimed that the Reds goal ace wants to quit Anfield for Barcelona.

The Express quote agent Sjaak Swart, who is good friends with new Barca boss Ronald Koeman, as reckoning a deal could be done before next month's transfer deadline.

He told DAZN:

“I know Koeman wants him – and I know Salah would like to go."

When asked of his source,

Swart added:

“I can’t.

“I am not going into any more details, but just believe me that I know.”

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

You know we know and everyone knows. BARCELONA ARE FUCKING SKINT.. apart from that its sodding crap. anyway lets move on.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In other news domesticated pigs have acquired the ability of powered controlled flight.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Question

In other news domesticated pigs have acquired the ability of powered controlled flight.

Is this that shite paper online?

Edited to remove the scum name of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    From the Echo

Mohamed Salah was Liverpool's hat-trick hero in their 4-3 win over Leeds United but it's claimed that the Reds goal ace wants to quit Anfield for Barcelona.

The Express quote agent Sjaak Swart, who is good friends with new Barca boss Ronald Koeman, as reckoning a deal could be done before next month's transfer deadline.

He told DAZN:

“I know Koeman wants him – and I know Salah would like to go."

When asked of his source,

Swart added:

“I can’t.

“I am not going into any more details, but just believe me that I know.”

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

You know we know and everyone knows. BARCELONA ARE FUCKING SKINT.. apart from that its sodding crap. anyway lets move on.

Sadly it is very believable - and I am sure Salah will come out and deny it...but.. Despite all those wanting to laugh at Barca - I do think they might be suffering delusion. It's like we are suddenly the worlds glamour club? We have been superb the last 3 seasons but let's face it - despite all the accolades - as a club we have won just 2 major titles in the last decade.

Devils advocate here ( and looked at from a non British - non Liverpool slant )...We play in the damp north west of England in a stadium full of history and atmosphere but one that holds only 54,000 fans. We are massively outspent by both Manchester clubs and cannot hope to offer the lifestyle of London.

Coutinho left us for Barca and seemingly failed.. yet has STILL won more than he would have done had he stayed to enjoy our most successful period in the last 30 years. These - in the voice of Rafa...are the cold hard "facts".

Even if we don't take Klopp out of the equation...On what planet does a top Egyptian footballer prefer to live and work on Merseyside over Barcelona? Ponder this....it's your family... Your wife/partner and kids... where would you prefer to be..? Even if purely viewed from an environmental perspective - before we even talk about playing at Camp Nou in front of nearly 100.000 fans..