Page 236 of 659 FirstFirst ... 136186226229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They are indeed.. Still think they have a serious pull for a player like Mo.. Sadly
    No, that's for sure. Just that they might end up in administration if they keep spending as recklessly as they have, which makes me doubtful they'll even think about him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Sadly it is very believable - and I am sure Salah will come out and deny it...but.. Despite all those wanting to laugh at Barca - I do think they might be suffering delusion. It's like we are suddenly the worlds glamour club? We have been superb the last 3 seasons but let's face it - despite all the accolades - as a club we have won just 2 major titles in the last decade.

Devils advocate here ( and looked at from a non British - non Liverpool slant )...We play in the damp north west of England in a stadium full of history and atmosphere but one that holds only 54,000 fans. We are massively outspent by both Manchester clubs and cannot hope to offer the lifestyle of London.

Coutinho left us for Barca and seemingly failed.. yet has STILL won more than he would have done had he stayed to enjoy our most successful period in the last 30 years. These - in the voice of Rafa...are the cold hard "facts".

Even if we don't take Klopp out of the equation...On what planet does a top Egyptian footballer prefer to live and work on Merseyside over Barcelona? Ponder this....it's your family... Your wife/partner and kids... where would you prefer to be..? Even if purely viewed from an environmental perspective - before we even talk about playing at Camp Nou in front of nearly 100.000 fans..
    100000 fans who will boo him if he goes through a rough patch? Their fans are shit

Sadly it is very believable - and I am sure Salah will come out and deny it...but.. Despite all those wanting to laugh at Barca - I do think they might be suffering delusion. It's like we are suddenly the worlds glamour club? We have been superb the last 3 seasons but let's face it - despite all the accolades - as a club we have won just 2 major titles in the last decade.

Devils advocate here ( and looked at from a non British - non Liverpool slant )...We play in the damp north west of England in a stadium full of history and atmosphere but one that holds only 54,000 fans. We are massively outspent by both Manchester clubs and cannot hope to offer the lifestyle of London.

Coutinho left us for Barca and seemingly failed.. yet has STILL won more than he would have done had he stayed to enjoy our most successful period in the last 30 years. These - in the voice of Rafa...are the cold hard "facts".

Even if we don't take Klopp out of the equation...On what planet does a top Egyptian footballer prefer to live and work on Merseyside over Barcelona? Ponder this....it's your family... Your wife/partner and kids... where would you prefer to be..? Even if purely viewed from an environmental perspective - before we even talk about playing at Camp Nou in front of nearly 100.000 fans..
    The first WCC won by the club, would count as a 3rd imo in the last 2 seasons. Over 3 seasons a cl final and pl loss by 1 point means weve been highly competitive and the best club in england over the last 3 years.
    Barca are a big club with allure, but theyve purchased poorly and have an ageing squad. So in the now its not a better option than us. Perhaps when messi leaves they might go for Salah, though i think its similar with Real with bale. Theres no chance of him leaving this season. Id suspect real would be his preferable option of the 2.

Perhaps you have a london centric bias. Its not like London has a soft winter relative to liverpool, continental colds are as likely. Liverpool is more northenly and westernly.

Phil left us and failed. Failed to cement a position at barca his dream move and hardly central to bayern who seemingly let him return to barca having signed Sane - a better lwf option imo and one Im a little surprised another non pl team went for ie barca or real who have hazard.

Salah left Italy for Liverpool, the way you go on steveo youd swear he was housed up in a damp flat with a single stove gas cooker
    The lad lives in the lap of luxury and will put his football career first and foremost. He'll have enough beans to do what he likes after his career.
    There are plenty of Muslims living in northern cities who dont earn 200k a week, Im sure Salah will find a way to endure the hardships of life in liverpool on such a meagre salary.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Tbf before Saturday a fairly gift percentage of Liverpool fans would have agreed with cashing in on salah to improve elsewhere. So no biggie.
    Really ? Think we'll sell one of our front 3 in the foreseeable future to reinvest in the team.

@CC

You do realise that it wasn’t my own view? Purely devils advocate. So any London bias is simply what I imagine to be the case for an Egyptian King?

CWC as a major trophy is debatable. It is important yes but is really only an addition to a major title really. Cannot even face another team in Europe to win it. However as an Egyptian perhaps it is a major..?

I was attempting to put another view on the fact that Salah wanting to go to Barca was fanciful. I imagine he would like to play for Real or Barca at some stage.

@CC

You do realise that it wasn’t my own view? Purely devils advocate. So any London bias is simply what I imagine to be the case for an Egyptian King?

CWC as a major trophy is debatable. It is important yes but is really only an addition to a major title really. Cannot even face another team in Europe to win it. However as an Egyptian perhaps it is a major..?

I was attempting to put another view on the fact that Salah wanting to go to Barca was fanciful. I imagine he would like to play for Real or Barca at some stage.
    Yes. By playing devils advocate, how else would you have me address the post.
    You live in London as has Salah beforehand, perhaps your evaluation of London differs to his own. Your contaminated imagination say.

You have to beat a host of european teams to win the WCC and theyve done a first in the clubs history. Imo that cant be sniffed at.
    Over the last 2 seasons we have the highest points tally in the top5 leagues. Over the last 3 seasons arguably the best side in England ahead of city: points totals in the league and european/world exploits. Major titles a better 2. Or 3 v 2.

Im not sure what relevance a decade of history has on Salah presently. Far more importance should be placed on the rather immediate past and the prospective future.

Id agree it is quite possible in the future but at present it would seem unlikely.

Well for a kick off you could accept that London is far more alluring to most than Liverpool... or anywhere in the north west of England? Obviously not to everyone but by a huge margin it simply is. It isn’t a personal view I hold but a simple fact measurable by population statistics and tourist visits.

Then we have Barcelona. Where would you prefer to and live work? This was a serious question.

Which European Clubs do you have to beat to win the WCC?

The decade of history is clearly an indicator of how many majors the club can expect over a given time. You want to reduce it to what.. 2 seasons? Come now.

The reality is - at least IMO - Salah wanting to go to Barca is not as far fetched as many seem to believe. Whether he does go or not is a different story. Coutinho must surely act as a cautionary tale..
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th September 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Well for a kick off you could accept that London is far more alluring to most than Liverpool... or anywhere in the north west of England? Obviously not to everyone but by a huge margin it simply is. It isn’t a personal view I hold but a simple fact measurable by population statistics and tourist visits.

Then we have Barcelona. Where would you prefer to and live work? This was a serious question.

Which European Clubs do you have to beat to win the WCC?

The decade of history is clearly an indicator of how many majors the club can expect over a given time. You want to reduce it to what.. 2 seasons? Come now.

The reality is - at least IMO - Salah wanting to go to Barca is not as far fetched as many seem to believe. Whether he does go or not is a different story. Coutinho must surely act as a cautionary tale..
    London is a capital city and chelsea a smaller ground.
    He left the capital of italy, rome, another hot bed of tourism. Where he had the med diet and climate and a massive stadium, 73,000+.
    Id suggese he has made his decisions with ambition and football reasons in mind. Barca could offer a big salary but they have issues to address.

Well, Im irish, so prefer to stick in Ireland.
    Barca can be a rather sticky and humid city whilst an impressive city.
    Id go for lfc as its the club i like, closer to home, i can survive the harsh polar climate and speak english.

You have to win the CL to qualify for the competition. In our case playing 3 in groups and 4 over ko stages.

Why stop at a decade ? Weve won more CL titles.
    I think the present is a better indicator of the immediate future.

I can see us selling one of our front 3 and reinvesting into the team. So Salah leaving wouldnt be a massive surprise imo. Id be shocked if it was to another pl team. Barca/real and maybe psg the likely destinations.

With Salah id say the wife and kids are an important factor to consider.

Both real&barca are in a turnover phase imo.
    I think were he to leave it might be more likely to real. They have zz, a better pool of players perhaps for the immediate future and adidas might play a part.

For now id stick at lfc and keep an eye on both those clubs, if im in that mindset.
    Weve a good chance to retain our pl title and bring the club to 20, whilst imo we have a better chance of winning the cl as things stand than both of those clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Really ? Think we'll sell one of our front 3 in the foreseeable future to reinvest in the team.
    Ah it was tongue in cheek. Probably mostly just throwaway comments when he was finishing poorly last seasin and mane was playing so well. I agree one will go next summer I reckon. Hopefully not this summer.