Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Dhaka being the capital of Bangladesh .. being serious never heard of him at all.
    Zambian.

22 in October.

Can play anywhere across the front three, though prefers centre-forward I think.

24 goals in 31 appearances this year.

I can't say I have watched him loads or anything, but the goals-to-games ratio is good, as is the injury record. I'd happily have a Shaqiri out, Daka in scenario based on age profile and freshening things up, not to mention likelihood of availability.

Lastly, the Red Bull clubs scout well, play modern football and we have decent contacts. Could be worth a shout, though having another African player might be an issue for AFCON in the future.

24 goals and 8 assists in 31 games. That is some record and considering his age that’s incredible for someone with a supposed €20m price tag

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    24 goals and 8 assists in 31 games. That is some record and considering his age that’s incredible for someone with a supposed €20m price tag
    He'll go for more than that, contract expires in 2024, but if we could get him for a reasonable enough price, he does look as "safe" a gamble as you can get - plus is young enough that you could sell him at minimal loss if it didn't work out.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Brewster has looked so impressive at Championship level of late - hope he can step up!

City splashing the cash already

Fuckin cretin club, I hope something bad happens to them in the future, and the owners leave or get found out for being corrupt and forced, and they get sold cheap and have average owners again

fuck off arab oil owners out of the game in england

Cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    City splashing the cash already

Fuckin cretin club, I hope something bad happens to them in the future, and the owners leave or get found out for being corrupt and forced, and they get sold cheap and have average owners again

fuck off arab oil owners out of the game in england

Cunts.
    At £41m, they are welcome to him. He's no better than what's already there.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

City need a defensive midfielder, centre back and left back more than any attackers. We can only hope that they have another summer where they don't address those areas

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    City need a defensive midfielder, centre back and left back more than any attackers. We can only hope that they have another summer where they don't address those areas
    It's only just the start..

Ferran Torres

Also but that's more of a sane replacement
    Last edited by Kev0909; 30th July 2020 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    At £41m, they are welcome to him. He's no better than what's already there.
    I think hes really good, injured a lot though which would be a concern but maybe that's been Bournemouths training and treatment methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fuckin cretin club

Cunts.
    Indeed.

One of the only "upsides" of City's presence in the Top Four is that it has ruled out a spot for another side that could rival us, but seeing as Chelsea and Man United both managed this season, it has been of no benefit this year.

The other "positive" I try to take from their presence is that they have probably made us up our game in ways we don't even know. I'm sure there are private exchanges amongst the likes of Henderson, Milner and Robertson where "cheating b******s" are the muttered words, before "best be at it today lads" and a subsequent extra 1% is found in the depths of the competitive, fighting spirit of our awesome, awesome Mentality Monsters.

They won't go away for a while and the ominous Cloud that hangs over the League as a result is a pain in the arse, but it does create opportunities for defiant Heroes and brings us closer together as fans against the common enemy. It's little comfort, but it's something.

Just have to be better than them again next season and there is no squad in World Football I would rather have to do it.

"You have my sword......and you have my bow......and my Ox"