Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Keeps Ole in a job.

Would rather they had missed out as they can now probably afford/attract a big player as they won't miss out on that sponsor money, but it is what it is.

Would be nice if us or City knocked them out of the Champion's League.

I'm surprised they made it into the Champions league. Well done to them, I suppose one has to say. I thought Leicester might have sneaked it today.

Still, I'm not sure Ollie will be big draw for them with big names, assuming the Covid situation allows normal player purchasing. In a way, he might do better for them with some smaller names like Fernandes but there's still every chance they might go backwards next season. They seemed to do disproportionately well after the lockdown this year.

So, the demise was called prematurely. What a shame..

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I'm surprised they made it into the Champions league. Well done to them, I suppose one has to say. I thought Leicester might have sneaked it today.

Still, I'm not sure Ollie will be big draw for them with big names, assuming the Covid situation allows normal player purchasing. In a way, he might do better for them with some smaller names like Fernandes but there's still every chance they might go backwards next season. They seemed to do disproportionately well after the lockdown this year.

So, the demise was called prematurely. What a shame..
    A few things to note Ole is being lauded he only got 4 more points than Moyes !

Leicester did let it go but they did lose both full backs and Maddison for the run in and with the squad they have its hard to replace 3 of your main players.

The decisions Utd have been gifted robbed Leicester too but they won’t say that as it will look like sour grapes as for Penandes will see what he does against the bigger teams next season.

If Milner was a Man Utd player he’d be walking away with the golden boot !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    A few things to note Ole is being lauded he only got 4 more points than Moyes !

Leicester did let it go but they did lose both full backs and Maddison for the run in and with the squad they have its hard to replace 3 of your main players.

The decisions Utd have been gifted robbed Leicester too but they won’t say that as it will look like sour grapes as for Penandes will see what he does against the bigger teams next season.

If Milner was a Man Utd player he’d be walking away with the golden boot !
    That’s the spirit!

It shows how much of a shock to the system Moyes was. Now they are used to mediocrity. Why worry about the Champions league when it will be just another arena to expose their flaws and demoralise them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Interesting that I "feel" the same way, but the table shows we have scored 18 more whilst having only conceded four less.

A big part of that differential is that they don't commit their full-backs to anything like the extent we do - if they tried to play "our" way they would probably have conceded 50 times in the League this season.

The players they have lend themselves well Tina counter-attacking system - if they were coached in a manner akin to how Rafa had us playing in 07/08 and 08/09 they'd definitely fare better in terms of the points, but it would bring them further away from what their fans want in terms of style.

Crossing all fingers and toes for a Leicester win and for them to hit a stumbling block in Europe - the subsequent dent to finances could have big ramifications.
    I suppose we have been a bit leaky since we won the league. They cannot play a high line as they are slower at the back. Fernandes and Greenwood have transformed them in a similar to Suarez and Sterling under Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    That’s the spirit!

It shows how much of a shock to the system Moyes was. Now they are used to mediocrity. Why worry about the Champions league when it will be just another arena to expose their flaws and demoralise them.
    Unbelievably, they finished with 64 in 2014! Just checked. 66 this time. Funny how perspective changes things.

Salah apparently got decisions for fouls this season a total of 18 times.

Grealish apparently got....wait for it.....167!!!!!

I think we know who the Mancs will target this Summer!

Grealish is very low to the ground when he runs with the ball.Any bit of contact and hes on the floor.. to say hes lightweight would be an understatement.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Salah apparently got decisions for fouls this season a total of 18 times.

Grealish apparently got....wait for it.....167!!!!!

I think we know who the Mancs will target this Summer!
    Please let them spend £80m on him.

Quote Originally Posted by buck3y3nut View Post
    Please let them spend £80m on him.
    I don't like the idea of the number of set pieces and penalties they would get with Grealish quite honestly!