Page 148 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

and in a late reply to dicko, Brazil still has a lower death rate per million of population than Britain, and that is without a lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    This is probably an urban myth. Firstly it hasn’t spread so much - no more that most respiratory viruses spread.
    Also the idea that it has magical spreading ability amongst the asymptomatic is probably an idea promulgated during the scariest phase when we thought it had unique potency.

There’s footage of Fauci explaining that symptomatic transmission drives an epidemic. I’m actually not sure precisely what he means by that but the basic idea is that this is nothing new or unusual, despite what others have said. I’ll link to the brief clip below.

There's nothing you've said in any of these discussions that makes me believe you know what the hell you're talking about anymore than the drunk sitting at the end of the bar. If anything, quite the opposite.

And then to make your point you link to a video of a comment Fauci made in January 28th when we barely knew a fraction of this disease that we now know.
    Pretty hilarious.
    Which ironically, also makes my point.

That comment was made on January 28th, over 8 months ago.
    Information that you conveniently neglect to point out.

But hey, if it helps you get through the day and the pandemic, then knock yourself out.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    But if someone does have a temperature etc it would help to stop some of it spreading.

Simple measures that most just dont do.

Pretty pathetic tbh joe public.

The problem with that logic is that you can have a temperature (for a myriad different ailments) and not necessarily have the virus itself.
    And likewise, on the flip side as I mentioned someone who's asymptomatic but a carrier isn't going to show a temperature and thus won't caught or stopped by this method.

So all it does is proffer a false sense of security that you're keeping sick people out, while potentially just keeping anyone out with a temperature (whether or not they're actually sick with this disease) and not knowing how many spreaders you're letting in.
    But admittedly, it will keep the very obviously sick COVID-19 carriers out who are showing symptoms and a temperature.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    And then to make your point you link to a video of a comment Fauci made in January 28th when we barely knew a fraction of this disease that we now know.
    Pretty hilarious.
    I don’t see anything hilarious about your revelation. The timing of his statement wasn’t crucial to my comments. I didn’t claim he said it last week.

Is there any evidence that what he said in that clip isn’t true or relevant? Do you hold any knowledge to the contrary?

I have no interest in trading insults with you but would be interested if you have something constructive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

But admittedly, it will keep the very obviously sick COVID-19 carriers out who are showing symptoms and a temperature.
    These people were a common feature of March but not of September and probably not of the future in which you place them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I don’t see anything hilarious about your revelation. The timing of his statement wasn’t crucial to my comments. I didn’t claim he said it last week.

Is there any evidence that what he said in that clip isn’t true or relevant? Do you hold any knowledge to the contrary?

I have no interest in trading insults with you but would be interested if you have something constructive to say.

Yes.
    How about we compare it with what more RECENT medical understanding on the subject has since come to be....

"All of the best evidence suggests that people without symptoms can and do readily spread SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. In fact, some evidence suggests that people may be most infectious in the days before they become symptomatic — that is, in the presymptomatic phase when they feel well, have no symptoms, but may be shedding substantial amounts of virus.”

Harvard Global Health Institute

June 9th, 2020

"The likelihood that approximately 40% to 45% of those infected with SARS-CoV-2 will remain asymptomatic suggests that the virus might have greater potential than previously estimated to spread silently and deeply through human populations.
    Asymptomatic persons can transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others for an extended period, perhaps longer than 14 days.
    The absence of COVID-19 symptoms in persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 might not necessarily imply an absence of harm. "

Annals of Internal Medicine
    "Prevalence of Asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 Infection"
    from..
    American College of Physicians
    https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-3012

September 1st, 2020

That last one is literally from two weeks ago.

Presenting information from him (Fauci) without pointing out when it was said or that when it was said nobody knew as much about the virus like we know now and which changes our perspective on it, seems to me to be trading in bad faith.
    But maybe that's just me.

Which is why it's funny (but not surprising) to hear you assert that the timing of his statement isn't crucial when it's ALL that's important given what you're attempting to allege he's claiming or he's saying there, in order to support your argument.
    People who claim to have medical expertise ought to know the importance of conveying precise and as accurate information as the data can provide along with any pertinent details.

The person who posted the video presented it as if Fauci said it yesterday (or a week ago) and doesn't bother posting the date, and you likewise did the same here - assuming you even knew the date yourself.
    You didn't say it was said last week, but then again you know that you didn't have to because thanks to how it was edited and the lack of any timestamp or chronological marker, anyone watching it is left to assume that it is indeed "recent" information (whether said yesterday or last week) rather than the 8 month spread that it really entails.
    I'm familiar with it because its been circulating for a while now among circles determined to present a particular narrative about this disease in a certain way that's less than......precise.

Just make your argument in good faith and with some integrity.
    It's not that difficult if you try.

And yes, it IS constructive for people to know that that commentary by Fauci was made on January 28th, 2020.
    What was the state of the pandemic back then and what we knew about it in January versus what we know about it now (including the number of people who've died)?

And no, I didn't post that comment to amuse you, so whether you found it hilarious or not is not my problem nor concern.
    I found the whole thing hilarious (as in, what you're trying to do here. The whole situation itself is rather grim and nothing to laugh about), hence the reason I stated that.

I've said what I've said.
    And you've said A LOT on this subject ever since this pandemic began, and none of it has been particularly informative nor even well-intentioned (...or sourced. Just like that video. All one has to do is take a brief walk in the comment section of it, and see what audience it was intended for and where you're sourcing your information from) and one can only hope that anyone reading your comments isn't getting their primary medical or scientific information from them.

Good entertainment.
    Nothing more.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 13th September 2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

To try and make it a bit more balanced, the anti covid/anti vax/anti 5G have finally got some celebrity backing behind them...David Icke was the guest speaker in the Trafalgar Square protests.

You've got your knickers in a twist, CD, for reasons that are unclear. But nothing I said is in contradiction to your chosen extracts. I didn't deny that the disease can be spread by asymptomatic people, but that this aspect of the epidemic has been exaggerated. Fauci, in the clip I provided, says that an epidemic is not driven by asymptomatic people. He actually says it can be spread, but not driven.

In order to emphasise this point I said in the post about this subject;

I’m actually not sure precisely what he means by that but the basic idea is that this is nothing new or unusual, despite what others have said

So, you can continue with your emotional attacks about me being less informed than the drunk guy at the end of the bar, not having good faith or integrity, or not being informed, but if you were to show a little more integrity yourself, we might keep this discussion useful.

I can provide you with plenty of data (with all the impressive scientific credentials you have displayed so convincingly) that indicates there is nothing unusual about the spread of this virus if you wish, and there is a clip of Dr Mike Yeadon talking I posted above, whose ideas are the basis for this criticism of government policy. All the the claims I have made on this thread, except those which are my opinion, I have made with good scientific backing. As Dr Yeadon points out, the government is not open to scientific criticism so your ranting against me (and can I suggest your tendency is the more drunken sounding, with your desire to ridicule and belittle in place of making an actual point) falls more into the anti-scientific category pursued by the government.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    To try and make it a bit more balanced, the anti covid/anti vax/anti 5G have finally got some celebrity backing behind them...David Icke was the guest speaker in the Trafalgar Square protests.
    Did he bring along his alien reptilian friends with him?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Was he wearing a shell suit ?