Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Arsenal v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It is good therapy & as I’ve been here looking after my parents a while seeing all the things & her not being there & more frequent upset from the off actually really helps get it out

When the Manc disaster & stitch up happened I lost everyone in my little group my entire way of life & being & all the protections my autism had put in place over 2 decades so it was like losing 4 people myself & everything else at the same time
    Wow - had no idea about this 19.

Didn’t realise you were actually autistic. So many people use the label flippantly these day - I hadn’t twigged. My older brother has Aspergers (autistic spectrum too). A daily battle to fit into a world that will never understand - yet he is more independent than I.

Hats off to you for looking after both your parents. That is one of the greatest and most selfless acts we can perform in this life. If only more people did, I’m certain the world wouldn’t be in the utter turmoil it is today.

Most of us too busy pursuing things we just don’t need. Myself as guilty as the next man.

You sound strong and battle hardened 19. I guess to come through these huge hurdles in a world that isn’t built for anyone with any form of Autism is living testimony.

(h) Burnley
    (a) Brentford
    (h) Luton
    (a) Nottingham Forest

I believe thats our next 4 league games. id be disappointed if we dont take all 12 points. TNT have made its so we play at 12:30 against Brentford. but we have an whole weeks to prepare. so should be ready for it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Wow - had no idea about this 19.

Didn’t realise you were actually autistic. So many people use the label flippantly these day - I hadn’t twigged. My older brother has Aspergers (autistic spectrum too). A daily battle to fit into a world that will never understand - yet he is more independent than I.

Hats off to you for looking after both your parents. That is one of the greatest and most selfless acts we can perform in this life. If only more people did, I’m certain the world wouldn’t be in the utter turmoil it is today.

Most of us too busy pursuing things we just don’t need. Myself as guilty as the next man.

You sound strong and battle hardened 19. I guess to come through these huge hurdles in a world that isn’t built for anyone with any form of Autism is living testimony.
    My brother also has Asperger’s he lives here too & I don’t know if it’s common with Asperger’s but where I’m quite aware of my issues he seems completely oblivious & has really strong narcissist personality disorder traits with it as in always being right it never being his fault and ppl projecting if they say he’s at fault when that’s exactly what he does, if he was a country he’d be Israel

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    (h) Burnley
    (a) Brentford
    (h) Luton
    (a) Nottingham Forest

I believe thats our next 4 league games. id be disappointed if we dont take all 12 points. TNT have made its so we play at 12:30 against Brentford. but we have an whole weeks to prepare. so should be ready for it.
    Luton will likely have been rescheduled to accommodate our League Cup Final but I have no idea what date.

Early kick-off vs Brentford is a tad annoying, but if we win then we can relax all weekend, which is nice.

A new date and time has been confirmed for Liverpool's rearranged home fixture against Luton Town in the Premier League.

Due to the Reds' involvement in the Carabao Cup final later this month, the match against Luton will now take place at Anfield on Wednesday February 21, with kick-off set for 7.30pm GMT.

Disappointing that we could not make it a 2 horse title race. The cards were stacked against us for this one. Up against a strong midfield and pacy team in general. We were shown up badly all over the pitch. I'd still take our position if it was offered to us at the start of the season. Onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Disappointing that we could not make it a 2 horse title race. The cards were stacked against us for this one. Up against a strong midfield and pacy team in general. We were shown up badly all over the pitch. I'd still take our position if it was offered to us at the start of the season. Onwards and upwards
    thanks im sure it makes all the difference for the rest of humanity

Get over it, we lost a football game through 2 really huge errors & some poor officiating (2 yellows Konate)

We barely created & they weren’t exactly creating loads of chances, our second half changes didn’t help us, we changed when we had momentum, lost it & didn’t get it back I always worry about making 3 changes at once for that reason

The main issue we had at the time we made the changes was decision making & final ball by our forwards Trent was an issue all game we’d hit our best form in his absence playing with our RB operating more as he used to without the RB coming into CM tweak

Wasn’t the best use of the players we had in the initial line up either putting a not match fit Trent at RB against Martinelli

It isn’t the end of the world ffs just one of those days when circumstances conspired against us and Jurgen didn’t have his best day

The race is far from over

My brother also has Asperger’s he lives here too & I don’t know if it’s common with Asperger’s but where I’m quite aware of my issues he seems completely oblivious & has really strong narcissist personality disorder traits with it as in always being right it never being his fault and ppl projecting if they say he’s at fault when that’s exactly what he does, if he was a country he’d be Israel
    My brother is more chilled about some of those things I would say, but overly aware of his issues to the point where he won't shut up about them. Has many of the classic traits though. Upset at even a slight changes in routine, obsessions etc.

Get over it, we lost a football game through 2 really huge errors & some poor officiating (2 yellows Konate)

We barely created & they weren’t exactly creating loads of chances, our second half changes didn’t help us, we changed when we had momentum, lost it & didn’t get it back I always worry about making 3 changes at once for that reason

The main issue we had at the time we made the changes was decision making & final ball by our forwards Trent was an issue all game we’d hit our best form in his absence playing with our RB operating more as he used to without the RB coming into CM tweak

Wasn’t the best use of the players we had in the initial line up either putting a not match fit Trent at RB against Martinelli

It isn’t the end of the world ffs just one of those days when circumstances conspired against us and Jurgen didn’t have his best day

The race is far from over
    Fair points - a couple where Klopp's hand was forced late on with the awful news about Conor's late father...Szobozlai going down sick. So not only missing the Salah threat and space he creates (catches up with you in these big games) but a key creative force and threat from the middle.

Worth noting - that was ZERO of our once all conquering front 3 away at the Emirates and they were smarting after we knocked them out of the cup. We went into this with a demeanour that suggested we only had to turn up. Arsenal far too a good a side for that kinda nonsense. Beyond that - Robbo coming back after a long lay off and Trent only just back off an injury too. Konate...? HOW does he get a second yellow there? I mean please watch it anyone.

Bad day at the office and yes for once Virgil had an absolute mare..

Have to get back on it v Burnley.
    Last edited by Steveo; 5th February 2024 at 11:12 AM.

Listen we were lucky to finish second yesterday and we were second in every department, this coupled with some very poor individual performances and schoolboy errors, but and its a big fucking but…. CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE SLIGHTEST TICKLE ON AN ARSENAL PLAYER MERITED A FREE KICK / YELLOW CARD BUT SIMILAR CHALLENGES AGAINST US WAS WAVED ON…

I would love to see Howard Webb and Michael Owen explain those anomalies away, because tbh it was head shakingly laughable …