Page 40 of 659 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546475090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

But he's 35 - we'd surely only get a season out of him. I'm usually all for this kind of signing, but not this time.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    But he's 35 - we'd surely only get a season out of him. I'm usually all for this kind of signing, but not this time.
    BUT WE GOT No mONEIS

#Bargainbasement

We also have a team backbone that could feasibly survive two more seasons without any change. I'm not necessarily advocating for that, but it's not a bad position in which to be in these uncertain times.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

More chatter on the Web about Coutinho contacting Klopp personally over a loan spell from Barca, where Barca would pay some of the wages and Coutinho would willingly take a pay cut.

Normally I would say there's no way it would happen, but in this Covid-19 environment you just wouldn't know, especially as Lallana and Clyne's wages would be gone.

If he's cheap, why not get him in? Especially on loan with an option to buy for $3.50.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I’d love to see him return. Especially if he’s begging to impress the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’d love to see him return. Especially if he’s begging to impress the manager.
    That hypothetical "version" of Coutinho would certainly be a real asset to us and potentially very useful.

My main issue would be the other players. More Coutinho time could mean less Minamino/Keita/Ox/Elliott time depending on how he is deployed.

One of those "I'll go with the Manager on this" situations where there are pros and cons to be found. He certainly has the capacity to find a brilliancy in an important stalemate of a match.

Where would Coutinho play exactly. ? He;s not going to replace Mane or Salah wide up front.
    He is not going to do the job of Wijnaldum.
    I don't hate him or anything. He made a big mistake, like Owen did, left at precisely the wrong time. Now half of his Brasilian mates are here. But i would prefer not to have him back.
    Have a sneaky feeling we are going to get Sancho.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Have a sneaky feeling we are going to get Sancho.
    Isn't he off to United?

Can't see us bringing anyone of note in this summer if we turned our noses up at Werner who's cheaper, better and crucially 100% more German and I'm not certain he'd wait around for another year if United's interest in him is genuine.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    If he's cheap, why not get him in? Especially on loan with an option to buy for $3.50.
    FFS.... Make it a fiver...