Page 41 of 659 FirstFirst ... 313435363738394041424344454647485191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Where would Coutinho play exactly. ? He;s not going to replace Mane or Salah wide up front.
    He is not going to do the job of Wijnaldum.
    I don't hate him or anything. He made a big mistake, like Owen did, left at precisely the wrong time. Now half of his Brasilian mates are here. But i would prefer not to have him back.
    Have a sneaky feeling we are going to get Sancho.
    ...Same could be said for Sancho couldn't it?
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    ...Same could be said for Sancho couldn't it?
    I think Sancho is quite different really. First off, he's very young and under Klopp could develop in all sorts of ways. That is not going to happen with Coutinho. Also Sancho has unusually good dribbling skills, so given time I could see him stepping up to sub any of the front three. (Given time!).
    Coutinho has a different skill set, which we know about, but also his form has dipped massively, maybe coinciding with a drop off of confidence.

Sancho is a more of an out and out wide man...Coutinho for me was more of an inside left player that comes more central..
    That often left our right sided unguarded. He wasn't the best at keeping the width. With Mane and Robertson they were great together. Id be unsure we'd be able to push Robbo that far forward with Coutinho.. As for a central roll. we already have to many options. Keita/Oxlade/Minamino. Jones etc. The main issues we need to address is an extra wide attacker a centre back and left back.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    If he's cheap, why not get him in? Especially on loan with an option to buy for $3.50.
    Loan deal £9m I read somewhere
    Why not
    He proves himself
    And then we see how that goes

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Sancho is a more of an out and out wide man...Coutinho for me was more of an inside left player that comes more central..
    That often left our right sided unguarded. He wasn't the best at keeping the width. With Mane and Robertson they were great together. Id be unsure we'd be able to push Robbo that far forward with Coutinho.. As for a central roll. we already have to many options. Keita/Oxlade/Minamino. Jones etc. The main issues we need to address is an extra wide attacker a centre back and left back.
    Attacking options ; Minamino Origi
    CB ; Matip Lovren Gomez + VVD
    left back ; a young player to step up

We saw the u23s ; Neco Williams, Curtis Jones + a few others can step up into the 1st team.
    Only 1 player though . Too much risk anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think Sancho is quite different really. First off, he's very young and under Klopp could develop in all sorts of ways. That is not going to happen with Coutinho. Also Sancho has unusually good dribbling skills, so given time I could see him stepping up to sub any of the front three. (Given time!).
    Coutinho has a different skill set, which we know about, but also his form has dipped massively, maybe coinciding with a drop off of confidence.
    Do you see him coming here and biding his time waiting for his chance?

I'd like to see him stay one more year at Dortmund, by that time we should have a few pennies in the piggy bank.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    Do you see him coming here and biding his time waiting for his chance?

I'd like to see him stay one more year at Dortmund, by that time we should have a few pennies in the piggy bank.
    Same could be said for United of course, but it would be really something if we could get Sancho here.

If Elliot were to take off as well and we had Sancho/Trent/Elliot being mentored by Henderson/Milner we could really draw in some of the high-quality English talent.

Potentially useful when it comes to marketing, referee sympathy and so on as much as the next crop of English talent looks decent anyway.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

If we didn't get Werner we shouldn't e getting anybody should we?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Loan deal £9m I read somewhere
    Why not
    He proves himself
    And then we see how that goes
    That's 20% of the budget for a £45m player.

50% of the budget of an £18m piece of clever transfer business.

Minamino plus £2m.

In the Covid World, that's a lot of money for getting a player for one season.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

£9M that's 6% of what we sold him for.

16x the amount you have the £145m