Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021222565 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Does that mean if atletico knock us out they're the greatest team ever?
    Stupid pedantic question as ever, were that to happen, which is incredibly unlikely, do Atletico have an incredible run of wins and performances over 2 consecutive seasons in their domestic league, a Champions League win. A CWC and Super Cup win playing an incredible brand of football as part of that? No so it very obviously wouldn't make them that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Stupid pedantic question as ever, were that to happen, which is incredibly unlikely, do Atletico have an incredible run of wins and performances over 2 consecutive seasons in their domestic league, a Champions League win. A CWC and Super Cup win playing an incredible brand of football as part of that? No so it very obviously wouldn't make them that
    not really people need to calm the fuck down, and go and "bum" yourself boring childish shite

To be the best team ever, it would take a few years of winning everything to say the least

how can you can call us the best team ever just from a season or 2, last season champions league, this season prem sure, what if we get knocked out of champions league early?

What if we don't win anything next season?

1/2 seasons doesn't make it the best team EVER in history of mankind, that's a huge statement

We've only just started getting top 2 constantly long may it continue but a bit early to be so dramatic yet, if it was another club in our situation, we'd not be agreeing with them would we, if they posted about being the best team ever after a couple of seasons.

I can't be arsed to go looking for facts, and stats but the best team ever surely was winning titles on a very consistent basis / europe.

Won't argue with you simply put there's no point arguing with someone that will post 1000 times, I don't have time for it sadly! enjoy your day.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 24th February 2020 at 07:16 PM.

There are plenty of sides incorrectly viewed as great sides through playing in a one team league financially and in their ability to attract better players who given their considerable advantages should have been A LOT further ahead of other teams in their league with their brand of football and in the points tallies they were able to amass and who didn't challenge for top European honours nearly enough who often just scraped landing trophies because their managers weren't ever able to develop a style of play that changed the game

Shankly did it, Paisley evolved it

Klopp has now done that, now he needs to add more trophies sure, but this side are a far better side than many who are falsely rated great sides who had massive advantages in their favour this side has not benefited from
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Does that mean if atletico knock us out they're the greatest team ever?
    If that happens

Will the haters think our fantastic and historic season was a failure?

We now have 79 points. The same as the 'great' Utd '99 team. It is still only February......

Let that sink in.....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    If that happens

Let them think/say it I am up for failing by only winning the league !

Its great as LOTS of fans loved mocking us for it and they cant now the title is in the bag.

Sky actually did a half-decent list of the best English sides since the 60s on Monday Night Football. Was pleasantly surprised.

They agreed that there isn't a perfect system and that it was subject to debate, but they analysed sides over a 3-year period and assigned points for certain accomplishments over 3 years to see who had the most and ranked them accordingly.

Where sides "missed out" in some way they pointed it out ("if it was over a 4-year spell you include X trophy") etc but they were using 3 years due to City being potentially into a 3rd year of excellence and Liverpool having the capacity to have 3 excellent years too.

Give it a watch when it goes on YouTube - it's one of the more fun things they have done for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    If that happens

Maybe the proper retards, but I don't see how it could be.

It's crazy to think though how many games we've won by a goal or so, there's not been many big wins not that it matters, just weird, don't think i've seen anything like it

Maybe the proper retards, but I don't see how it could be.

It's crazy to think though how many games we've won by a goal or so, there's not been many big wins not that it matters, just weird, don't think i've seen anything like it
    That's how games of football works! you win games by scoring 1 more than the opponents. Its funny that eh?
    Still think Tottenham will finish above us?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

At work and no access to a PC but I would imagine 04/05 and 05/06 Chelsea would have a decent number of wins in such a manner.