Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Man City

Do NOT REPLY to this annoying cunt bot...

A cunt of the highest order

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    A cunt of the highest order
    Ah wouldn't hae called ye that bit whitevur floats yer boat.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just looking at highlights of Endo's impressive performance at the weekend.. hes 31 now. why did it take us or any team other than Stuttgart (no disrespect to them) to realize how talented he is?
    Guess playing in poor teams doesn't help. anyway hes got at least 2/3 years in him at the top level. so should be good for us for a while
    He was getting done by City’s tactic of De Bruyne roaming & moving behind him into pockets in 10 positions first half

The tweaks we made at HT made a huge difference especially pushing Gomez into midfield as an extra man

Endo was great second half after the tactical changes but so were all the mids and Gomez who did some awesome pressing

You always have to be different Nineteenx. when we give a player compliment. you have go into detail on someone "was getting done" Endo was good for most of the match.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You always have to be different Nineteenx. when we give a player compliment. you have go into detail on someone "was getting done" Endo was good for most of the match.
    It’s not to be different, i am different but not deliberately, I just say it as I see it & I see things very factually whereas most of you get caught up in the romance & emotion & forget all about a poor half, by most players because of a brilliant second half

The charges we made at HT that made a huge difference & benefitted all our players were

Pushin Gomez into midfield so we have an extra man in to stop De Bruyne doing what he was doing first half and can cover the entire width easier by also pushing Bradley further on also

Just getting Nunez to stay onside, not go too too early and to quickly get back onside ready to be played in or drop in/link support play gave us a better press &made us able to play & threaten a lot more.

I thought all the team & subs were brilliant second half with Diaz & Gakpo a little less effective as both could have won it, although for Gakpo’s ‘chance’ my impression was that Diaz actually effectively blocked him just as he was going to shoot & then the chance was gone

Diaz really needs to spend some time working on his finishing, as does Gakpo Shouldn’t be hard for Diaz to have a little set up with the dummy things where he starts wide left, cuts inside one set bursting towards the second set on the angle so he can easily go either side & just practicing the touch to take it past on either side or square to hit the right footer into the top or bottom right corner is a consistent touch to set himself to finish

What a lot of Diaz’s and Gakpo’s issues are is they are thinking about the finish & neglect taking the right touch to set it for themselves, when you go at across or either side players like that, that touch to take you past them or square of them to give you half a yard for a shot should always also be the touch to set yourself to shoot More players should practice that a lot of them aren’t that great at it & they’re supposed to be pros one touch out of feet to set it, whack

Don't you get it?

Endo is his new Fabby.
    Just like Macca is his new Hendo (or Trent,......depending on the game, I suppose).

Just like Fabby could never do anything that he could ever simply compliment and leave it at that (without sticking a boot in for no reason), it's now the same with Endo.
    And he sees how everyone's praising Endo so he just has to step in and step on all of it.
    Like the bratty kid at the beach who just has to stomp on everyone's sand castle just because,.....

Likewise, Macca can never do anything wrong in his eyes.

I beginning to strongly believe it's some kind of a brain condition where people like him always have to have someone in their lives they irrationally and intensely hate and dislike all the time, while at the same time, an opposite-side-of-the-same-coin version individual to that type of person who, on the flip side, can never do anything wrong in their eyes.

I've known people like that in my life.
    It's truly bizarre and yes I do believe there's some mental or psychological misalignment involved in how these people view the world in such starkly black-and-white shades. Almost exclusively and no nuance or shades of grey.

Bizarre and fascinating at the same time.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

To be fair to 19, he's not wrong on this. KDb, Silva and Foden were getting a lot of space in the first 30mins. Positionally, it didn't like we knew who to pick up, or where/when to press.

It improved before ht and wasn't an issue at all in the 2nd half.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    To be fair to 19, he's not wrong on this. KDb, Silva and Foden were getting a lot of space in the first 30mins. Positionally, it didn't like we knew who to pick up, or where/when to press.

It improved before ht and wasn't an issue at all in the 2nd half.
    Thank you Jozza it’s nice when the grown ups can discuss what actually happened sensibly without the usual suspects trying to make a legitimate assessment of what happened into something it isn’t

I rate Endo far more highly than Fab, I.prefer him when he’s proactive rather than reactive he has proved a very good signing so far Not yet a player who can control & orchestrate the press as others have & can more of a has his best games when every other player is bang on the press & understands how to fit into that player for now

Apologies if mentioned previously but for the City goal.....
    Our player near the near post was being blocked off from defending his defensive ability as per Endo v Chelsea